All reviews burger king travel lodge room was clean what it says on the tin petrol station on arrival summer solstice long journey night stay good nights sleep short stay road noise night's sleep easy access plenty of parking short drive stayed here for one night
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stayed at this Travelodge last weekend for 2 nights with my dog whilst visiting my husband in Salisbury hospital. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Room was clean and fine, apart from a very 'stuffy - beddy' smell. Left windows open throughout and it soon cleared. Ample tea/ coffee etc and kettle. I found the room quite noisy, with kids running up and down the hallway, but that's not Travelodge's fault, its the parents! Heavy footsteps upstairs all evening which were very noisy and annoying!!

Was surprised at the amount of rubbish there was on the floor outside the Burger King next door, looked a right mess upon arrival, which didn't give best first impressions. Bins were over flowing and it all looked a complete mess.

Overall though pleasant enough stay and does what it says on the tin.

Room Tip: First floor probably less noisy, but I did request a ground floor as I had my dog with me.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you for your submitting your review. We're awfully sorry to hear that internal noise impacted your stay with us and you were not positively impressed with the surrounding areas around the hotel. However, we're pleased you experienced very welcoming, helpful staff service during your time with us. Feedback such as yours is invaluable and we will ensure the hotel receives a copy of your comments. We do hope you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

This Travelodge is one of the older ones so you get what it says on the tin. A room for the night with Bed etc. The problem I had was I was in a room looking onto the entrance which was floodlit by security lights all night. The curtains do not stop the light so my room was light all night, I could have read a book without the bedside lights on. The curtains on this side need another lining or blinds to rectify this.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AngusDanielFletcher

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to learn of the lighting from outside that affected your time with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the relevant departments. Thank you once again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Good hotel comfy clean, just lacks a bar or restaurant to wind down but adjoining little chef and Burger King were good to eat in. Can't really say a bad word against this hotel well done great location to Stonehenge

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank stuarts732
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Great room, very comfortable, good location. Could give free wifi and offer a breakfast. The only way to book in on-line, I would prefer to pay in cash but was not possible. No problems with the room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank mimilady
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We needed a stop over for a visit to Stonehenge and on route to Cornwall. We choose the travel lodge at Amesbury. Unfortunately it was not one of our better decisions. It was pretty awful. Not very appealing on the outside (to be expected) and with a shell garage and a little thief for a view it was never going to be great…The main door to the building was broken so not really much security and the room smelt very damp. The fan in the bathroom was constantly on and very loud so even with the bathroom door shut there was constantly a buzzing noise. It was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for…but not a very good advert for travelodge.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mat174
TravelodgeUK, Poppy from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for submitting your review of our Amesbury Stonehenge Travelodge.

We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to hear more about your stay. May we kindly request you contact us with your review via our website so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.