“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Sugarloaf Tearooms

Sugarloaf Tearooms
Description: Family run Nursery growing and producing the majority of plants on site. A good selection of trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited here this afternoon for a pre booked afternoon tea and it was lovely. I really like the dainty crockery they use especially for the afternoon tea, makes a really nice change and makes it a little more special. I had requested a specific table by the play area at the back as we had a 2 year old in tow and this table was reserved for us when we got there. After letting them know we had arrived food was only a couple of minutes behind. There was a great selection of sandwiches, mini petit four cakes and some absolutely beautifully fresh scones with clotted cream and jam. A big pot of tea and a baby choc for the 2 year old completed our order. What was extra specially nice was the small plate of sandwiches provided for the 2 year old which I didn't order, I didn't want to pay for an afternoon tea as there was no way she would have eaten it, we were happy to share ours with her but we didn't need to, this was a lovely thought. I would like to say I shared my scones with her but I didn't. (and I am not sorry!!). All in all a lovely visit and will definitely be going again, it got very busy whilst we were there but you know what, there is a reason why it is really busy.....lovely setting, great choices on the menu and good value for money....all these people cant be wrong and it is worth the wait.

1  Thank Crystaltips0104

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My daughter booked this for my Birthday.What a lovely surprise . The afternoon Tea was amazing,great selection of sandwiches and cakes.They could not have been more welcoming, asking if we wanted any more tea ,coffee or sandwiches.Nothng was too much trouble . My granddaughter Evie who will be 3 in April really enjoyed herself buttering her own scone,I have never seen such concentration Lovely food, lovely place,lovely staff.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I visited for the first time today with a few girl friends for lunch. What a big spacious restaurant it is. So airey. It was great. Very friendly staff and the food and service was excellent. The nursery was well stocked and not over priced. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Visited here with my mother in law last week for the afternoon tea . The tables were laid out very attractively with flowered runners . We were seated straight away and our food arrived within minutes. There was plenty of food , delicious sandwiches, fruit scones and a whole plate of petite four cakes. Everything tasted delicious and the waitress was very attentive with plenty of extra hot water for the tea pot ! ( Very important for our 86 year old tea drinker ! ) Would thoroughly recommend a visit. We have also been on other occasions and been impressed. A great new local venue to visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The space is gorgeous, some serious money has been pumped into the new cafe and it is worth every penny in my opinion. The cafe is an experience that I want to return to again and again until it becomes so popular (like Ashwood) that you're fighting with grannies for a table (I hope this day is very far in the future though).

Had a fish finger ciabatta sandwich - I did not want to share it with my husband, it was that good. Subsequent marital woes totally worth it.

Staff are super friendly. Visited at peak hours on a Saturday, drinks and food delivered to table within 10 mins of ordering.

Always loved the garden centre anyways, great selection at a reasonable price.

But the toilet roll holders, oh my. I appreciate attention to detail. I was wowed and deeply impressed in what would not normally be a wowing and impressive experience (if you know what I mean).

Well done!