Abbey Hotel
US$55
US$43
The Southcrest Manor Hotel(Redditch)(Great Value!)
US$40
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Avonhill Lodge(Redditch)
2,297 results
All reviewsgolf courseleisure facilitiessports bargolf breaksteam roomdriving rangetawny barspa treatmentscadbury worldfamily roomlovely hotelsuperior roomreception staffwedding receptionevening mealthe ground floorwedding venue
Reviewed 30 March 2018

As it was a wedding anniversary, we wanted to upgrade our booking made via Secret Escapes. The Abbey Hotel's own website showed a price difference of £15 a night between Superior and Executive rooms but when checking in at the hotel, they wanted £40 a night. To upgrade from Superior to Penthouse, they wanted £60 a night but their website currently shows a difference of £50 during April.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray M
Vipul K, Lisa Buszko - Marketing Assistant at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hi Ray M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I apologise you were quoted incorrectly for our upgrades, you are correct if you wanted to upgrade from a superior room to a penthouse suite it would just be an additional £50, it sounds as though the receptionist has forgotten you're already paying a superior upgrade and therefore should of taken £10 off any other room upgrade charges. I will be sure to pass this onto our Front of House Manager and ensure this mistake is not made again.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon,

Kindest regards,

Lisa Buszko
Marketing Assistant

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Myself and four university friends had a mini reunion at the abbey hotel. We chose the girls night in spa package and it was exceptional. We enjoyed every second of it, the spa, the treatments, the food, the staff. It was all brilliant!!!! Thank you so much.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vipul K, General Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Lauren B,

Thank you for your review and giving us a 5 star rating.

I am thrilled to hear you had a great experience with us! The team here at Abbey Hotel work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests receive a warm welcome and above all a heartfelt experience and I am pleased that this was given to you during your time with us. The team will be really happy to read your comments, Thank you again !

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Take care ,

Vipul

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We had a very pleasant stay, the beds very comfortable, the rooms were well appointed and clean, all the staff were helpful and courteous. We had a very good meal in the restaurant, we did not use the leisure facilities this stay although previously they have always been very good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mike J,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay at the Abbey Hotel and giving us a fantastic rating. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and above all chose to stay us for your 50th birthday. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the teams.

Our Leisure facilities have only improved since your last visit - with a Brand new Gym which you have to use when you stay with us next.

We strive to ensure our guests have a memorable experience when they stay with us.Once again, thank you as it is only through such feedback that we are able to constantly improve our products and services. I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Abbey Hotel in the not too distant future.

Do take care and see you soon,

Vipul

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

So, where do I start?

We had our wedding at The Abbey Hotel on Saturday and what Can I say they pulled it out of the bag. It was the almost amazing day we could ever possibly want.

Myself as the Bride had nothing to worry about in fact I was the first person ready out of the bridal party with no worries or stresses in the world, the hotel had everything covered for me so I had such a relaxing morning in the bridal suite been pampered, the day went so smooth!

The staff were amazing and on hand at every moment, they helped us from the moment we met them to discuss the wedding to the day after helping us wrap everything up. The hotel itself is amazing and elegant which just helped perfectly to make it picture perfect for us to remember by, the food was out of this world and so was the service for that matter.

Is recommend this hotel for a wedding every day of the week and over again myself & Sam could not of been any better.

So for that we want to say thank you to everyone and especially the 3 staff who took control on our big day!

Sam & Tayla xx

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Vipul K, Lisa Buszko, Marketing Assistant at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Tayla G,

Wow, what a wonderful review, thank you so much for your amazing feedback.

It's so lovely to read your special day went just how you wanted it to and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the team. So pleased we helped make your big day so memorable.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to write this lovely review. We hope to see you both again in the near future.

All the best,

Lisa Buszko
Marketing Assistant

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely dreadful, carvery !! Endless wait for gravy , veg, the beef was virtually raw. When you did eventually get veg it was cold and not cooked, The staff on the tables were polite and helpful , but as I said the food was shockingly bad and I would never go there again. !!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent Sunday Lunch.

I was extremely disappointed to read that our ever popular carvery lunch was not to our usual high standards and this will be addressed to our Chef. I am excited to announce we have appointed a new Head Chef and will start with us this month so I do hope you will join us again for Sunday lunch and we can restore your faith back in the Abbey.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and we do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,