“Delicious food and a friendly welcome”
Review of Kushoom Koly

Kushoom Koly
Ranked #53 of 614 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stockport & south Manchester's leading Indian restaurant. Serving authentic and popular Indian cuisine and the finest restaurant quality Indian take aways for 44 glorious years. Setting the standard since 1971! Ask about our new "Deshi style" & Low-Cal dishes!
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We've been here a couple of times and obviously liked it as we came back despite having excellent curry houses nearer to us, but this time I would say I had one of my favourite curries ever, and we eat a lot of curries! It was one of the manager's recommendations, I've already forgotten the name but I think possibly Murgh Jalfrei. Really rich flavours and beautifully tender chicken. The menu is extensive and interesting, the service is very friendly and welcoming. The whole place is charming and cosy.

1  Thank baby_beavis

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Friendly establishment. Drinks and popadums arrived quickly. Waiters had to be sought out to get starters and mains ordered but they then arrived promptly. Variety of mains including some unusual one reflecting chef's background? all meals satisfactory or better apart from one order of rice that had not been cooked for long enough. Offered free drinks at end but pushed for time to get train so had to decline.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Hard to give this one an overall rating, given our mixed experience.
The service was a bit slow and hard work, basically. I have never been given an unopened beer bottle to drink from, for example. Anyone can make a mistake, but it kind of summed up the general experience.
The toilets needed a good clean (and preferably re-furb) - which never gives the message you want to get about a restaurant's standard of hygiene.
Onto the food: very tasty. Both lamb dishes were spicy and pleasing to the palate and the dhal was very good.
But, given the issues (and the competition which is available) it is hard to imagine a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have been eating here for the past 20 years and only once have I had a bad meal.
I went last Saturday and the place was busy, They use fresh ingredients and that returns delicious tasty curries. Recommended.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My wife and I went to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. Because of my wife's disabilities we knew we would be well catered for here and all the staff did not disappoint.

We asked them to recommend the main course for us and having checked how hot and flavoursome we liked our food they provided the perfect meal.

As a bonus they had a little surprise for us to acknowledge our anniversary which was a very nice touch.

Service was just right neither overwhelming us nor ignoring us.

We will most certainly be back.