“Last visit was 1992 and not much has changed”
Review of Kushoom Koly

Kushoom Koly
Ranked #51 of 612 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stockport & south Manchester's leading Indian restaurant. Serving authentic and popular Indian cuisine and the finest restaurant quality Indian take aways for 44 glorious years. Setting the standard since 1971! Ask about our new "Deshi style" & Low-Cal dishes!
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I used to go to the ‘Kush’ in the early 90s as I worked locally and it was without doubt the best curry for miles..
I moved away through work and it’s been 25 years since the last visit.
The menu is varied and has a great selection of regional dishes that you won’t find in the run of the mill curry houses.. the food was just as good as I remember the mixed tandoori was great and well worth a try.
The only issue I had was we sat near the window and it was cold and draughty.. service was good..

Some may say it’s dated inside and to be fair it is, but I like it but probably with a nod to the past!

1  Thank Gary B

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We've been here a couple of times and obviously liked it as we came back despite having excellent curry houses nearer to us, but this time I would say I had one of my favourite curries ever, and we eat a lot of curries! It was one of the manager's recommendations, I've already forgotten the name but I think possibly Murgh Jalfrei. Really rich flavours and beautifully tender chicken. The menu is extensive and interesting, the service is very friendly and welcoming. The whole place is charming and cosy.

1  Thank baby_beavis
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Friendly establishment. Drinks and popadums arrived quickly. Waiters had to be sought out to get starters and mains ordered but they then arrived promptly. Variety of mains including some unusual one reflecting chef's background? all meals satisfactory or better apart from one order of rice that had not been cooked for long enough. Offered free drinks at end but pushed for time to get train so had to decline.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Hard to give this one an overall rating, given our mixed experience.
The service was a bit slow and hard work, basically. I have never been given an unopened beer bottle to drink from, for example. Anyone can make a mistake, but it kind of summed up the general experience.
The toilets needed a good clean (and preferably re-furb) - which never gives the message you want to get about a restaurant's standard of hygiene.
Onto the food: very tasty. Both lamb dishes were spicy and pleasing to the palate and the dhal was very good.
But, given the issues (and the competition which is available) it is hard to imagine a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have been eating here for the past 20 years and only once have I had a bad meal.
I went last Saturday and the place was busy, They use fresh ingredients and that returns delicious tasty curries. Recommended.