“Most excellent meal”

Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stockport & south Manchester's leading Indian restaurant. Serving authentic and popular Indian cuisine and the finest restaurant quality Indian take aways for 44 glorious years. Setting the standard since 1971! Ask about our new "Deshi style" & Low-Cal dishes!
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We have passed here many times and always gone to our now ex favourite. Tonight was really busy a sign of the popularity of the kush. Really friendly and attentive staff, couple of drinks and most excellent meals from starters and popadoms through to the Bailey's and chocolate. Beautiful garlic chilli chicken, best Indian for a long time. We will be back again.

2  Thank hayfieldranger1

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We have been enjoying the delights of The Kush for over 20 years now, being lucky enough having this as our local curry house.
Farouq and the team always look after us and our Boxing Day party of 15 was no exception. Food is always fresh, tasty and plentiful (albeit we always over-order), we don't even need to look at the menu as we know our order and the standards are always exceptionally high. Always made to feel welcome, very relaxed and homely place.

1  Thank phil1978Cheshire
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

A friend recommended we try the restaurant when we visited Stockport and what a great recommendation.

The waiters were friendly and relaxed.

There is a lot of choice of dishes, including “standard” curry house dishes and some more unusual / rare dishes. I asked the waiter for a recommendation and I had a fantastic balti dish. The flavours were so nice and his advice was spot on and just what I was looking for.

Next time we’re back in the area we will definitely be coming here again.

1  Thank TheStuartRitchie
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The curry's at this lovely restaurant is of a very high quality and the service is excellent and treated like a long lost friend.

This a lovely place to dine at but always be sure you make a reservation to get your table.

This is definitely worth having repeat visits, even if you are not quire in the area - it wil make your raste buds feel good, what more can I say.

1  Thank Gunslinger_46
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I used to go to the ‘Kush’ in the early 90s as I worked locally and it was without doubt the best curry for miles..
I moved away through work and it’s been 25 years since the last visit.
The menu is varied and has a great selection of regional dishes that you won’t find in the run of the mill curry houses.. the food was just as good as I remember the mixed tandoori was great and well worth a try.
The only issue I had was we sat near the window and it was cold and draughty.. service was good..

Some may say it’s dated inside and to be fair it is, but I like it but probably with a nod to the past!

1  Thank Gary B