Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel
Cliveden House(Taplow)
US$668
US$601
US$191
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$47
The Thames Hotel(Maidenhead)
US$95
US$91
All reviewsboutique hotelcrash padhot tubhuge bathbirthday lunchsecret escapesmemorabilia on the wallsbar managerfull englishscallopswedding breakfastbreakfast was deliciousfront of houselovely roomluke's dining roomiron maidenjolly farmer
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Dont let the pictures fool you. We made the mistake of staying here looking through the pictures and expecting a very nice boutique hotel. The place has a lot of potential but is run down and quiet. It started by being told that my card had been declined and I needed to make full payment when we arrived. I was forced to show the staff member my bank statement showing the money going out to prove it !

On a Friday and Saturday night we were one of only two people staying and when we went for dinner on Friday, the only ones in the restaurant. The room we were given was small, and dated. Tiles hanging off the wall, wall paper peeling, a broken radiator stuck on full, ac that was broken, a shower that runs hot and cold constantly and a heating system that turned off in the middle of the night prompting our 5 month old baby to wake up due to the cold and cry all night.

We were told breakfast was from 7 so as we had no sleep we were up and ready but the whole hotel was closed with no sign of life, we waited around until half 7 then had to leave for the local village to get breakfast !! the signage outside the hotel said breakfast from 7, the literature in the room also said breakfast from 7.

We were very annoyed as we had booked for a second night. If we could have left there and then we would have but as we couldn't find any availability in the local area. Upon complaining and raising these issues I spoke with the manager who advised he was new and they were trying to get on top of the issues. In all fairness to the staff he did move our room to a far more suitable room. We were advised that they have changed the breakfast times on weekends but forgot to advise staff members or indeed change all the paperwork

The next day we went for breakfast at 8 as advised ... we were told that they didn't have any sausages for the full English .. yet another laughable thing. We left and went on our way with a staff member advising the manager wasn't in until 12 and he would call me to discuss a discount he had offered.

3 days later no call so I called them. I was advised he would offer a £50 discount on our stay which to put it to bed I said I would accept The next day I checked my bank statement to find that the hotel had taken full payment for the 2 night stay out of my account less the £50 !! Very angry at this point I called and spoke to the manager who said that his system said my card had been declined for the original booking and so he had taken the payment and deducted the £50 refund Yet again I had to go through proving that I had indeed paid in full originally despite what his system said and prove it with screen shot bank statements.

The second payment that was taken was refunded but 3 weeks on im still to see the £50 refund. All in all a terrible stay, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and I wouldn't ever stay again. Its like a boutique faulty towers. AVOID and spend your money else where !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is different in a good way . The owner is or was a promoter to some very famous bands and there is some fantastic memorabilia on the walls which I spent ages looking at . Rooms where well equipped and clean . Menu was small but good . It was very quiet when I was there so lacked atmosphere. Great outdoor space with a good pool and gardens. Will go back in the summer when I am sure I will appreciate it better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank philmartin1952
SanctumTeam, Manager at Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear philmartin1952,

we agree we are quite different and quirky! Thank you for the kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back in the summer months,

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived mid evening after a 5 hour journey to arrive at a most charming boutique hotel in what felt like the back of beyond.. don't you just love sat navs?
Reception was in the bar and totally appropriate for the style of the residence.
Every need known and unknown was catered for.
Overall I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. I's winter SO the out door pool was a no no..
However in summer would be fabulous.
Go and stay and see for yourself.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Lorna B,

thank you very much for the kind words and lovely review, we hope to see you in the summer months for a relaxing poolside getaway!

Have a lovely Christmas & New Year,

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Team are always so friendly here and make you feel really welcome.

The new management team is really good and I can see this place becoming one of the new places for me to stop over when I’m in the area.

The new cocktails are to die for and made by a very friendly young chap.

Can’t wait to return

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Sebastien C,

thank you very much for your kind words, please do get in touch with us direct should you require a room in the area, we look forward to welcoming you back so your can try some of our new cocktails,

Reviewed 26 October 2017

After accidentally stumbling across this stunning venue with my partner, we thought it would be just perfect! And we were not disappointed! we visited Sanctum on the Green yesterday for a Romantic Escape for me and my Partner. From arrival to departure the staff were Incredibly welcoming and attentive! We had read mixed reviews, however during our stay we were informed the hotel is under new management and the overall experience was faultless! A special thanks to Jacob the Bar Manager (who might i add is only 19!!) made the occasion from Check in to check out. Jacob was so attentive to all our needs throughout our stay and pre-empted so many small details which made a big difference to our visit. He made us feel very special and was on hand for everything we needed from superb cocktail recommendations, right through to running the restaurant. He is a credit to the Hotel.
The food was excellent and had both my partner and i raving about the quality of food and the quirky twists to each dish! Big thanks to Chef!
I would highly recommend Sanctum on the Green and I hope you get Jacob to serve you! We'll be back again! Thank you

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gareth G

Dear Gareth,

Thank you very much for the lovely review and kind words - you were such a lovely couple to look after and Jacob is definitely looking forward to you coming back to try some more of his mouth watering creations!

Best wishes