All reviewscrash padboutique hotelhot tubrainforest showerhuge bathbirthday lunchlovely boutiquememorabilia on the wallsfull englishwedding breakfastscallopsbreakfast was deliciouslovely roomjolly farmercookhamsanctumvenue
Reviewed 21 December 2017

If you're looking for peace & quiet, it's a good place to consider. We were the only ones staying in the hotel. Upon arrival we couldn't check in as the manager was not there and he was the only one with a key to our room, so we were a little disappointed at first having flown in from Dubai and desperate to get into the room! However after that it was pretty flawless. We were the only people in the hotel bar that night, and in the middle of a game of Jenga the lights went out.. so they gave us a free bottle of champagne which was much appreciated. Our room was small but clean. Breakfast was good and again, we were the only ones in the restaurant so were well looked after. I would stay here again, maybe in the summer so it's a little busier.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShabsandGibbo
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Dont let the pictures fool you. We made the mistake of staying here looking through the pictures and expecting a very nice boutique hotel. The place has a lot of potential but is run down and quiet. It started by being told that my card had been declined and I needed to make full payment when we arrived. I was forced to show the staff member my bank statement showing the money going out to prove it !

On a Friday and Saturday night we were one of only two people staying and when we went for dinner on Friday, the only ones in the restaurant. The room we were given was small, and dated. Tiles hanging off the wall, wall paper peeling, a broken radiator stuck on full, ac that was broken, a shower that runs hot and cold constantly and a heating system that turned off in the middle of the night prompting our 5 month old baby to wake up due to the cold and cry all night.

We were told breakfast was from 7 so as we had no sleep we were up and ready but the whole hotel was closed with no sign of life, we waited around until half 7 then had to leave for the local village to get breakfast !! the signage outside the hotel said breakfast from 7, the literature in the room also said breakfast from 7.

We were very annoyed as we had booked for a second night. If we could have left there and then we would have but as we couldn't find any availability in the local area. Upon complaining and raising these issues I spoke with the manager who advised he was new and they were trying to get on top of the issues. In all fairness to the staff he did move our room to a far more suitable room. We were advised that they have changed the breakfast times on weekends but forgot to advise staff members or indeed change all the paperwork

The next day we went for breakfast at 8 as advised ... we were told that they didn't have any sausages for the full English .. yet another laughable thing. We left and went on our way with a staff member advising the manager wasn't in until 12 and he would call me to discuss a discount he had offered.

3 days later no call so I called them. I was advised he would offer a £50 discount on our stay which to put it to bed I said I would accept The next day I checked my bank statement to find that the hotel had taken full payment for the 2 night stay out of my account less the £50 !! Very angry at this point I called and spoke to the manager who said that his system said my card had been declined for the original booking and so he had taken the payment and deducted the £50 refund Yet again I had to go through proving that I had indeed paid in full originally despite what his system said and prove it with screen shot bank statements.

The second payment that was taken was refunded but 3 weeks on im still to see the £50 refund. All in all a terrible stay, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and I wouldn't ever stay again. Its like a boutique faulty towers. AVOID and spend your money else where !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is different in a good way . The owner is or was a promoter to some very famous bands and there is some fantastic memorabilia on the walls which I spent ages looking at . Rooms where well equipped and clean . Menu was small but good . It was very quiet when I was there so lacked atmosphere. Great outdoor space with a good pool and gardens. Will go back in the summer when I am sure I will appreciate it better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank philmartin1952
SanctumTeam, Manager at Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear philmartin1952,

we agree we are quite different and quirky! Thank you for the kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back in the summer months,

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived mid evening after a 5 hour journey to arrive at a most charming boutique hotel in what felt like the back of beyond.. don't you just love sat navs?
Reception was in the bar and totally appropriate for the style of the residence.
Every need known and unknown was catered for.
Overall I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. I's winter SO the out door pool was a no no..
However in summer would be fabulous.
Go and stay and see for yourself.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Lorna B,

thank you very much for the kind words and lovely review, we hope to see you in the summer months for a relaxing poolside getaway!

Have a lovely Christmas & New Year,

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Team are always so friendly here and make you feel really welcome.

The new management team is really good and I can see this place becoming one of the new places for me to stop over when I’m in the area.

The new cocktails are to die for and made by a very friendly young chap.

Can’t wait to return

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Sebastien C,

thank you very much for your kind words, please do get in touch with us direct should you require a room in the area, we look forward to welcoming you back so your can try some of our new cocktails,