“A birthday lunch & deserves 5*”

El Camino restaurant
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Crowthorne
Price range: US$18 - US$65
Description: We are a Italian/Spanish restaurant that is open every day serving a variety of Italian dishes and authentic Spanish tapas.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Having visited the sister restaurant down in Newbury we thought we would come for a birthday lunch at El Camino. We didn't know the restaurant was here. The owner of the restaurant in Newbury told us.

We really enjoyed our family lunch recently and couldn't have asked for a nicer lunch. The menu is extensive and there is surely something for everyone. We had a mix of starters from the tapas menu and all selected from the main Italian menu. All food was hot and well presented. Generous portions. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Service was very attentive it was like a private dining experience. Restaurant very child friendly and nothing was too much trouble for our youngest diner on the day.

This restaurant deserves to thrive and hopefully will remain in Crowthorne. Having eaten here we will definitely return soon. Thanks team on the day it was certainly a lovely birthday lunch with the family. Really glad we chose to eat here and would recommend.

Parking close by.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

it was my second visit and wasn’t disappointed .
The staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming.
We ate the tapas and there is a good selection of dishes. Portions are big so don’t over order , mske sure you leave room for dessert.
Would highly recommend and will try their a la carte menu next time

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, food excellent but a bit spicy, so be careful what you order. Great service with a nice view.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have been to this retaurant twice. The first time was great - an all female party and the second time, not so much - in mixed company. The staff are a lot more friendly with the ladies... Although the food was very tasty, unfortunately, some of it was over-priced for a tiny portion. I'm not entirely sure I would rush back.

3  Thank Tina_Drew
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Delayed this review whilst in touch with the FSA but gave up on them! Booked for a family lunch to celebrate 2 birthdays. The restaurant was not busy (3 table including us) but it took just about an hour for starters to arrive. We were told that it was because I had ordered Octopus and my son a Chicken Pancake. Wouldn't have minded if they were good, but decidedly average. For the mains, we ordered 5 Veal steaks, one veal in a sauce and a chicken dish in spicy tomato sauce. The sauces were good, but the chicken was dry. The veal in sauce was the same. However, one of the 5 veal steaks had an hidden extra in its sauce - A USED BIRTHDAY CAKE CANDLE. When we complained, the plate was immediately removed but we asked for the dish not to be re-done. It was chewy anyway. Apologies were given, and we declined any further food and drink. Whilst I used the facilities, my husband paid the bill. Because the family returned to ours for coffee, I didn't check the bill till the following day and my husband had not wanted to make more of a fuss. They had reduced the bill by 3 main courses, but then charged us for service, which to be honest was poor. The main waiter was quite rude and in your face trying to be funny and the young waitress was poor at pouring wine - over the table. All in all a very embarrassing trip out with the family.
I have been in touch with the Food Standards Agency but all they did was phone the restaurant who told them they had no idea how the candle got there as they only keep the candles at the bar. The FSA were happy with this, but I felt totally fobbed off. How does a candle appear in your meal if your kitchen is in order.
NOT A CHANCE OF GOING BACK!

4  Thank Starnurse2