“£££££££”

Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Shepperton
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion Pubis one of the oldest established riverside pubs in Shepperton, situated between Sunbury and Chertsey, on what was, for many years the road in the Parish. This was the building occupied by the first known licensee, Robert Reed, between 1722 and 1730. From our bar to our Restaurant- whether you are coming in for a pint, coffee or a business meeting we will cater for all of your needs in a very professional but relaxed style.
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Really not impressed with this place. Been previously but experience deteriorates every time. The service is so slow and just because you get apologised to over and over does not justify it. The food is OK The portion sizes are a joke that is not Tapas. The portion sizes are so small they cannot be shared i think it's a bit of an insult when that arrive at your table.
To conclude this pub is overpriced and will not be visited by me again and I will be putting people off visiting it until the menu changes to a pub menu cause that is what it is, a pub in Shepperton.

1  Thank Graeme g
Write a reviewReviews (495)

Reviewed 13 August 2021

I have been here around half a dozen times over the past 2 years. When I first came I would say this was a 4.5 out of 5 place, top quality food, generous portions and great service. The prices are what you would expect to pay for the level of quality. The pub itself is very nice. Inside in the winter is very cosy and they have a very nice garden by the river for the summer. So in summary a really good find.

What I have noticed over the past couple of visits is a real drop off in portion size. We often have the Tapas and the garlic prawns have always been a favourite, but last time we got 3 average sized prawns, (the kind you get from a taste the difference supermarket pack rather than the decent sized unshelled type), which at nine and a half quid felt particularly poor value. The chip portions also seem to have got much smaller. On the plus side I agree with other peoples comments about the mussels and the burgers - they are top notch.

I should also mention the service which is great. On one occasion they had just implemented a new ordering system and service was very slow due to teething problems. The manager came over, personally apologised and without prompting took the whole food order off our bill.

We will still come here but will probably stick to the non Tapas until we see what other tables portion sizes are like. I hope they improve so that I can up my score as this is still one of my favourite local places to eat.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Good atmosphere with friendly staff however the food is not worth the price for what you get. For example the chicken wings was a shock when only 3 arrived on the plate.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Meal out with friends, we decided to try the Red lion as they had not been there.
This should not be considered as pub food, this is more about a restaurant dining experience.
The mussels are popular and probably the signature dish so maybe it would be a good idea if you want to have them pre order.
The rest of the menu is split into bergers, stake and Friday fish and chips, the second part is tapast style dishes which are great for a group of people who want to share.
Service is very good and friendly but don't expect a cheap bill, you pay for the quality of your food, home made bread, proper chips and if you choose outside dining by the river.
All in all a good experience for special occasions.

1  Thank Mikethebikegs1000
Reviewed 9 August 2021

We had a lovely family meal at the Red Lion this evening. Very friendly & professional staff. Loved les moules marinières. Fresh and copious dish. Maybe add a lemon serviette next time? Overall, good value for money.