“A HIDDEN GEM”

Add it.
Ruth’s Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Helston
Reviewed 18 September 2017

visited helston whilst on holiday in cornwall. We were looking for something to eat for lunch and by chance we found Ruths Bakery & cafe. We were plesently surprised by the food and the prices. My husband had sausage egg and chips, The sausage was so big that it had to be cut in half to fit on the plate. , I had a burger, which had bacon cheese relish tomato on it was served with crisps,and coleslaw. It was a real plateful, I didnt know where to start. For dessert we had a banana long boat, which had banana with ice cream, cream, chopped nuts, chocolate and strawberry sauce and cherries, and for £2.50 it was supurb value. The main meals were around £5.00 each. I would thoroughly recommend eating here, and if we are ever in the area again we will revisit

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We have eaten here before and chose it again.Its a narrow building going back a long way with typically Cornish improvision , like the toilet out side in a narrow alley.
But, its all there and all works.
Our tea came with all the thing you might expect and was soon joined by our sandwiches.Unfortunately, we found the bread very dry and the filling, coronation chicken, did not appeal as a favourite item should. Having both chosen the same, we could not swap either.hence, we left disappointed and a little hungry.
So, dry bread, from a bakery shop? I don't remember that being our previous experience so hope this was a one off disappointment . Judging from the number of very happt customers, it was.

1  Thank rodburris
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We had two hot chocolates here. The café is at the back so you cannot see what it is like until you have committed yourself. The staff were friendly and the service was quick. The drinks were fine but I felt that the mats were a little greasy so I don't think I would have fancied eating there very much. Also, there were no windows so it was rather dark. Also, you had to stand up and pay (and wait). It was fine but I wouldn't go back as there are other cafes which look more inviting elsewhere in the town.

1  Thank TotallyMadH
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Fantastic value and excellent food. Highly recommended. Friendly staff.will definitely use again. A real little gem found by mistake, so not all mistakes prove costly. Very clean.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Hidden behind the cake/ sugar decorating shop is delicious home cooked food tearoom Ruth's We ordered cheese & mushroom omelettes with fries, it was nicely presented with a good salad by friendly staff.