All reviews the pub jelly beans mussels full english breakfast mash great atmosphere closing time beer garden sunday carvery car parking reasonable size cooked to perfection feel very welcome comfy bed lovely place toast lovely room
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this place for one night on two occasions. A friendly welcome, lovely room, great food and good location. We parked pur car in their car park for 8 days free of charge. Nothing negative to say about the place or owners.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank katinac2015
Graham T, Owner at Royal Oak Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Thank you for your lovely review and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

My wife and I stayed here over last weekend and I find the Royal Oak hard to fault.

The first thing to mention is the staff, utterly friendly at every point from when we arrived (late at 11.30pm) to when we left, it really made a difference.

The room we had was priced at £95 a night and worth it in a county known for its high hotel prices - The room was a good size, cosy, no noise trouble and clean. I particularly enjoyed the bed, far more comfortable than many I have stayed in. Apparently the rooms are going through a refurbishment programme and our one is next - This would definitely make sense for the bathroom which felt a bit 'hospital' in terms of its look, although I hope the character of the bedroom is retained.

On the food front, I could not fault... We had lunch and breakfast there; the Full English breakfast was enjoyable and the buffet selection for cereal, etc. was plentiful. I enjoyed a 'mixed ploughmans' for lunch which I thought was perfect and well presented. Most dishes are priced around the £10 mark which seems fair.

We would certainly stay again and would very much look forward to it when we do.

Room tip: Room 3 - Great size & character.
1  Thank DoubleDLedge

Thank you for your lovely review and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

We picked the Royal Oak as a place to stay for a visit to the Eden Project and the surrounding area. It's a pub with a restaurant and rooms. We had a small double room with a bathroom, it was clean and plenty big enough to sleep in, what more could you want of a room? The food was good, the beer excellent and the restaurant full on Sunday night which speaks for itself in terms of quality of food, the service and the value. There was a live Rock and Roll singer in on Sunday night who just added something extra to a great weekend. The park along the riverbank in Lostwithiel makes for a pleasant walk, we saw a Kingfisher a Dipper and a little wading bird as well as the usual ducks and swans.

Room tip: We had room 1 which is probably the smallest double room but it was fine.
1  Thank markcoates2
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Me and my wife called in to the Royal Oak when passing through, the pub and restaurant was already bustling with people, and the very nice waitress told us to grab a seat. We then decided to go for the Carvery, and have to say couldn't fault it in anyway, great 3 choice meat selection, FRESH veg and all piping hot. 2 clean plates later, says it all really. Great place, with really welcoming friendly staff. Will most definitely make sure we are passing through again. Well done to you all.

1  Thank 545chrisc

Thank you for your lovely review. We are really glad you enjoyed your carvery with us. It certainly is getting very popular. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Well this is the 3rd time I have stayed in this beautiful little b&b. There are many reasons I keep coming back. Firstly the fantastic friendly staff that make you feel at home from the moment you walk in the door. Great rooms, I have stayed in room 6 and room 1 and I could not fault either. Fantastic breakfast. A mixture of continental and hot breakfast. Generous portions that set you up for the day. Lovely locals, that are always happy to have a chat as you pass by. Finally the location is fantastic for beautiful walks and a great spot to explore the Cornish countryside. I could not fault this little gem and I can't wait to come back for a fourth visit!!

Date of stay: April 2016