US$207
US$161
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyogurteden projectmain roadsoft fluffy towelssmoked salmonwarm welcomebreakfast was excellentoff road parkingamazing hoststwin bedroomnorth cornwallon arrivalfirst flooreasy accessstayed nightsnext morninglost gardens of heligan
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Penarth after a long slow drive from Kent to be welcomed by the new owners, Andy and Lana. Our room, Carlyon, was comfortable, clean , had plenty of space and a distant view of the sea. Our breakfasts were excellent, with a good range to choose from. Andy and Lana cheerfully helped us with any problems we had during our stay. We found the location convenient for nearby attractions such as the Eden Project, or meals at the Four Lords or the Britannia hotels. We greatly enjoyed our six day stay and would certainly return if we pass this way again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samtouring
Andy_and_Lana, Owner at Penarth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you - we were very pleased that you extended you stay with us, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. We would be very happy to see you again!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My room "Biscovey" was very clean, warm and welcoming after a long drive. I was greeted by Andy and Lana who had taken over the running of the guest house just four days earlier. Unfortunately I was taken ill two days into my week holiday and had to leave. My hosts could not have been more helpful and understanding. The two breakfasts that I had were lovely with an extensive selection from cereals to smoked salmon. I will return for the rest of my holiday in the spring.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Elwyn H

Thank you, Elwyn - we were sorry you became unwell and had to cut your holiday short, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I feel really bad writing this review, but if you don’t write a review another traveller may be disappointed when they arrive. I came to Cornwall to visit family and was given this guest house to book as it was close to the family event we were attending. What can I say?? We arrived around 5pm in the evening, Mike the owner is polite but doesn’t really say anything to you. He showed us to our room which was clean but a little dated. He just stood there and then walked off down stairs after giving us 2 pieces of paper for breakfast the next morning. The bedding was clean, towels were a bit grey but clean. We had the window room but wasn’t bothered by the traffic noise because I live in a city. The next morning we went down to breakfast, you sit where ever you like but the room is very small. Mike came in, stood at the table and eventually asked if we wanted tea or coffee. Whilst waiting for our cooked breakfast my partner went to have some fruit, it was days old, the bananas and apples were brown and there was body hair on the fruit. My partner tried to take a yoghurt and they were out of date. This really put us off the breakfast as you can imagine, I had toast thankfully but my partner had the cooked which was ok. We had another night’s stay (he knew this when we arrived) the next morning he came into our room because he had forgotten we were there. As you can imagine this made us jump. It was 8am and we’d only just woken. Because of this we decided to pack and leave very quickly. I feel bad writing this and he may have had an off day whilst we were there. However we felt this guesthouse was something he was really that comfortable running on his own and could do with a helping hand. If he did it may have been worth the money we paid.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank ButterflyMax9
Reviewed 2 September 2017

This is quite a difficult review to write as Mike, the owner of the guest house has sold his business as a going concern and will be leaving in a weeks time. Howver we did feel that some areas were let slip, which is understandable but when we are still paying the 'going rate' standards should still be maintained.

Pros:
We stayed at the Penarth for a week at the end of August. The guest house is nicely decorated with a modern feel. We had booked the kingsize room on the first floor which was large and airy, big bathroom with shower, sink with lots of storage, bidet, toilet and a razor point. On arrival everywhere was clean, with fresh bedding and towels. The room had a TV and a trouser press, plenty of storage and tea/coffee stuff.

Mike was friendly and chatty. he likes you to order breakfast the day before and to indicate a time - this suited us and his breakfasts were really good. Everyday there was cereal, fresh fruit salad, yogurts, orange juice and tea and coffee, in addition you could order a cooked breakfast and toast with jam, marmalade and honey.

The TV's all have DVD players and there were a selection of DVD's to watch as well as a large number of books.

The guest house is close to 2 pubs which are within walking distance - The Four Hands and the Britannia - both serve food. It's also easy to reach Fowey, Megavissey and Charlestown, not to mention the Eden Project! It's a good place to base yourself which reflects in the price as it's not in the main touristy places.

Cons:
The room, although not at all dirty, wasnt hoovered or beds made the whole time we were there, and we had to ask for more coffee and milk for the room. We had to ask for clean towels also.

The guest house is on a main road so it can be quite noisy especially when it's warm and you need to open the windows. The wifi was very slow which was a bit of a pain and we felt the TV was too small for the room.

In conclusio,n we have really enjoyed our weeks stay at Penarth, I am sure the new owners will breath fresh life into the guest house and make it their own. I would certainly recommend Penarth and wouldn't hesitate staying there again!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Wenn stay for for nights in this accomodation.
+ Mike was very friedly over the whole time.
+ the breakfast was complet good.
+ Fresh fruits, yogurts an a good Selektion of sereals.
+ our room (twin bedded room) was bis enouth.
- noisy because next to a busy road
- NO roomservice (I am since 30 years in england for holiday and I have had more than 100 different guesthouses, but I have had never such)
- the towels never Chang and wer
- the Toilette roll holder totaly dirty
- the litter in the bathroom was Not emtied wen we arrived and not emptied during our stay.
- the corner (carpet) of our room not cleaned.
- the beds are made one time, after we ask Mike but next day there was doing nothing.
My wife and I cannot understand that this house has so many recommended comments. Mike was very friendly and the breakfast was good but the rest? ?? Also the AA 4star is not correct! !
We hope that the new owner after Middleton of september make it better (the roomservice).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple