“An old world charm”

Restaurant At The Penventon Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant At The Penventon Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Redruth
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a brand new all day menu packed with PV classics, if you’re looking for a decadent romantic meal for 2, entertaining guests over a business lunch or popping in for a bite to eat with friends, our restaurant is the ideal venue to enjoy classic dishes with a modern twist using fresh local ingredients.
Reviewed 14 July 2018

My sister took me to lunch at this restaurant in the Penventon Park Hotel. It is a plushly decorated restaurant with an ambience of old world charm. Large comfortable armchairs, ironed table cloth, a grand piano, and wall decors give it class and is quite unexpected in Cornwall. I had prawns as starter and then beer battered fish. Both were nicely done and tasty. There is a small shop just outside the restaurant where one might be able to pick up some souvenirs and handicraft stuff. I would not mind a revisit in the future if I come back to this part of England.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely Dinning room, lots of parking. Plenty of friendly staff but lacking training, eg conversations interrupted needlessly to clear a plate. Very slow kitchen despite not half full restaurant.

Some dishes were fine, some were bad. Served us dishwater soup. Kids cheesy pasta not cheesy. Duck meat ok but horrible tasting sides. Some foul one note sauce - vinigar? Nasty taste and texture bean purée. Seemed like some ingredients were missing. Is anyone tasting food before it’s sent out? Are the kitchen staff trained on these recipes?

Quite disappointed.

PVHotel, General Manager at Restaurant At The Penventon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hello there. I am sorry to read of your comments raised from your recent dining experience. It is disappointing to hear, especially in light of the hotel & restaurant's review platforms and general feedback are extremely positive. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this through in person, if you could email me nick@penventon.com. Kind regards, Nick

Reviewed 5 July 2018

A pleasure to be served by happy professional staff. The Friday evening special deal with music was very good.

Hi there, many thanks for your kind feedback from your recent dining experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Nick

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Visited this establishment due to a family surprise birthday
Ok there was 15 in our party so the staff were already aware of our orders
Drinks here are expensive to say the least but it is a four star hotel
Food was mediocre for the price it really was NOTHING special certainly not in the 4 star calibre I have eaten in before !
The hotel had a major problem with the heat it was a warm night we where all sweating sat in the restaurant. There was 2 ceiling fans doing nothing ,
The fire alarm was triggered twice due to the heat in the kitchen yet nobody was told to leave we all sat there in confusion.
When we paid the bill the young lady said that it was so hot in the kitchen that it triggered the fire alarm ! Now to me this rings health a safety issues for the staff THEY should NOT have been working in those conditions, But hey if any hotel puts money in front of their staffs wellbeing then I certainly would never eat or stay in this hotel ever again

Hello There. I am sorry to read of your comments raised from your recent dining experience and in particular the heat, as you will have been aware the whole of the UK has ridden an incredible heatwave of late, and unfortunately on some occasions our old building doesn't fare to well. The fire alarm was not caused by the kitchen, just a small fault which was rectified quickly.

I would like to reassure you from your comments that we will never compromise our employee's or guest safety. I would welcome your direct feedback other than trying to respond on this open platform, please do contact me via Nick@penventon.com, kind regards, Nick

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Warm champagne, poor service (but wait staff were good and apologetic), food quality below par...given its supposed reputation and high prices, what an utter disappointment!

2  Thank Richard L

Hi Richard L, I am sorry to read of your recent experience, did you share this with anyone on the evening, I would welcome you to talk directly with myself via nick@penventon.com so that I maybe able to restore your faith, kind regards, Nick