See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Bed And Breakfast in the countryside. I arrived after a long day of driving and was met by Roma. I hadn't eaten and she recommended a pub that served a delicious dinner. I wish I could have stayed longer. The house was beautiful as was the room. I needed to get an early start the next day and Roma got up at "silly hour" to send me off with a wonderful breakfast. The wifi was a little spotty, but that was a minor issue. I would definitely stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Roma, the BOSS lady is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. This B&B is situated well off the main road just out of St Austell. Tea and coffee facilities are available in the room and replenished daily. The bed is comfortable and the room spacious. We stayed for three nights and spent some time chatting to Roma and Bill. Breakfast is served in the dining room, with all the trimmings of a country English breakfast. A choice of their own chook or duck eggs with beaut dark yolks is too good to pass. A wonderful stay, THANK YOU

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I stayed with my elderly mother for 5 nights in the downstairs rooms - roomy twin beds (very comfortable) in one room, and an adjoining open plan area with sofa and armchair facing the television. The bathroom leads off this area, and has a bath and separate shower with plenty of hot water and a heated towel rail.

You park right outside the door to your rooms, and there is a twin bench seat outside under cover if the weather is warm enough (you get the evening sun there).

There is a hospitality tray in the room, with a small kettle, but it was not kept topped up unless we specifically asked for anything, which we thought was unusual, but that was our only very minor gripe. We had brought our own supplies of teabags and coffee for making our flasks each day, so it wasn't a problem for us. Fresh milk was supplied in a little jug each evening when we asked for it.

There was free WiFi (password supplied in the room), and I was able to get online most times, although the connection was too slow a couple of evenings.

To get to the dining room, you unlock a door into the main house and go along a corridor. You order your breakfast the evening before, and it is cooked when you are ready for it. There is no set breakfast time, although Roma and Bill like to know approximately when to expect you, of course! There is plenty of choice, particularly for the cooked breakfast. Roma will cook exactly what you want, and you can even have hens' eggs from their own flock!

Roma and Bill are very friendly, and will give you advice about where to go in the area if you want it, and even lend you maps.

We had no trouble finding Little Downderry - turning off the A390 at Hewas Water by Mays Farm Store - although some reviewers have said it was hard to find.

It's up a long country lane from the A390, so there is no traffic noise - but plenty of bird song instead! It is a rough track down to the building itself, but our car managed it with no problem.

All in all, a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We had a lovely few da an were made to feel very welcome. It was a self contained little annex two twin beds bathroom with shower and a small sitting room with TV and Wi-Fi so it was easy for us to come and go. You went into the main house for breakfast and had a wide choice to pick from and it was well presented. It is in a rural location and very quite. Will go again highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sanlee17
Reviewed 17 October 2014

It's not a hotel but better. A lovely B&B with en suite bathroom and small sitting room adjoined to the main house. The owners are the perfect hosts that really make you welcome into their lovely home and cook you an amazing breakfast in the morning. Meeting local Cornish people in such a lovely setting adds to the charm . I hope to return someday and wish I had stayed longer.

Room Tip: It's in the country so use a GPS. Also expect dogs, horses and roosters. Fun couple open there home to you, expect very comfortable beds and a peacefully sleep
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family