Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews lost gardens of heligan clean facilities spacious pitches toilet block off road cycle route toilets showers local area lovely week a lovely stay van campers tent camping stream dog mevagissey
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks from 4th September 2021 camping . Such a fabulous site, wasn’t sure what to expect as the map doesn’t really give you much of an idea . Lovely spacious pitches , although some are very compacted due to the whole country descending on Cornwall this summer. This did cause us a small problem with a water feature we hadn’t banked on after a night of heavy rain, but the owners couldn’t do enough to help us and even offered us to move pitches, although the thought of moving a set up tent filled me with dread ! Plus we were staying on the pitch next to my parents so decided not to move. No further issues.

It’s a very dark site, which is fabulous for stars and you can hire a fire pit to sit round and do some shooting star watching, they even clean it out for you !

The toilets and showers are really clean , and the showers really hot and powerful, although I found it very difficult to get dry after a shower as everywhere was wet, maybe either a duck board or a shower curtain would help.
They use a tag system on a board outside for the toilet/showers which saves you walking in to find all in use , you could just see from the board outside, it worked well except for the odd people who couldn’t be bothered to use it. There is also a one way system in place which was great

The alfresco bar in the centre of the campsite was really lovely, it was a great way to chat to people and enjoy a drink in the evening. It closes before 10pm and was totally silent most nights by 10.15. Drinks were really reasonable and I enjoyed some lovely cocktails.

The site is really well placed for visiting just about anywhere in Cornwall, we had some fabulous days out, st Michaels mount, port Issac and padstow to name just a few, Rick steins fish and chips are amazing!
There is a lovely walk to pentewan through the woods or along the river, the ship inn serves lovely food, and there is a slightly tougher walk to Lobbs farm shop, which trust me is a must if you stay here, I walked it once then drove after but I’m unfit

The owners of this site are really lovely and are always looking for ways to improve things, I love the simplicity of the site I just hope it doesn’t lose its charm but wish them every success and hope to return in the future.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 11 September 2021

Sixth year visiting here and it never disappoints. From Donna's warm and friendly welcome to Michael serving a good pint in the evening.

The site has lovely clean showers (the hottest I've ever had). Tag system for the toilet block works really well.

Close to loads of lovely beaches but I'm keeping my favourite a secret so it stays quiet.

Excellent bar area for a pint in the evening. I even got to watch England play football on the large TV which was special as I'm an English girl living in Wales.

Tent pitches are a good size and have electricity supply.
So good we will see you again next year for year seven.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

Had a lovely chilled week in the peak Cornwall season. Great size pitches. Lovely modern clean facilities and very helpful hosts. Lovely area for walks and bike trails. Both Mevagissey and Pentewan are accessible through wooded walks. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 August 2021

Excellent site, excellent showers, great system in place so it’s COVID safe but also works really well and hopefully it stays in place.
Nice quiet site and lots of room on the pitch.
Lovely family who run it, very much hands on. Nothing is too much trouble.
Walking distance to the beach, bus ride to mevagissey .
Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

Just had 14 nights here. Facilities are above average. Outside bar and seating makes for very sociable nights on site. Fire pits available for those who love them. Laid back atmosphere created by the owners Mike and Donna.
Don’t want to rave about it too much or we won’t get to go again.
First time in Cornwall for many years will be going back as the location is great for days out.
Sharon and Charlie