The Arches B&B(St Austell)
US$85
US$71
Hotels.com
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
US$263
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$207
US$202
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
Agoda.com
Anchorage House(St Austell)
Alexandra Heights(St Austell)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Comfortable, very clean, quiet and great breakfasts. I tried a different one each day and found the pancakes and fresh fruit the best, although they were all consistently high quality. I would highly recommend a stay here. It may be better suited to visitors with cars as it is quite far from the town centre and shops or places to eat. I did manage to get around by bus and on foot with the odd taxi but it did waste quite a lot of time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank J C
AnnaWright, Owner at Highland Court Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It is very satisfying when guests appreciate all our hard work, and what we offer. Happy days.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We booked two nights stay as we were to attend a wedding. On the drive down from London to St. Austell we decided only to stay for one night and drive back to London straight after the wedding to avoid traffic. We called the hotel and asked them if we cancelled the second night, would be still be charged (they had already taken payment for the first night months before when we booked it). We said that if we would still be charged then we would stay the second night. The member of staff then started to get angry and said that we would still be charged for the second night. We said hold a minute we were only asking whether we could cancel the second night. He then proceeded to shout at us down the phone saying we have been trouble right from the start and he didn't want people like us staying in their hotel as we sounded like trouble. When we questioned what he meant by that he put the phone down. We were then called back by a woman (turns out to be the wife of the owner) who said that she had a very upset member of staff there. I told her that we were very upset by the way he spoke to us. She then proceeded to talk at me for at least five minutes and would not let me speak. I eventually had to shout down the phone and ask her to let me speak so I could could explain our side of the story. I tried to explain but she would not listen and insisted on interrupting. She told us that she didn't want is staying at their "lodge" (she refused to call it a hotel). I had no choice but to find another hotel for us to stay in that night. After a while we decided to call them back because we felt quite sick about way we had been treated. This time we got the owner on the phone. He agreed that we wouldn't have to pay for the second night but would still be charged for the second night even though we now couldn't stay there (this had already been charged to our credit card a few months ago). So we have paid £140 for nothing - except abuse. This all very much reminded us of Fawlty Towers. If we had ended up staying there and complained about the view would they have said what do you expect to see from a St. Austell hotel room window, the hanging gardens of Babylon or herds of stampeding wilder-beasts?"

Well we didn't see any of those things and we didn't even see the hotel (sorry lodge). We now wish that we had read these reviews before booking as we would never in a million years have booked. The owners and their staff are unbelievably rude and there is no way I would want to stay in an establishment that treats it's guests in this way. Both my husband and I have stayed in thousands of hotels around the world and have never experienced such rudeness.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Linda A
AnnaWright, Manager at Highland Court Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Totally messed about by these guests. Firstly they booked a room with laterooms and made a reservation for 3 nights in a single room for 2 people as they only wanted to pay the cheapest rate possible. Then they cancelled it. Then they made a booking direct with us. Then on the day they were supposed to arrived they rang us and said they were not sure if they were coming. Then they rang and said they might be coming, but, would be arriving late. Then they rang again and said they were not coming. Each time their manner became more aggressive and threatening. In the end I said are you staying or not as I do not need this troulbe and they said hold on we are just on the phone looking at another place we fancy staying. Unfortunately at the end of the day we are running a business and we need to know if people are staying or not. I just don't know how people can act like this and tell mistruths.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We had a lovely room with a fantastic view over to the golf course and the sea. The ensuite bathroom was very large and both rooms beautifully decorated.
The breakfasts were delicious with a wide choice and excellent ingredients'

Room Tip: The rooms with the sea view are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley841
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We had such a lovely time at the Highland Court Lodge. We were greeted by the owners who were extremely welcoming. The room which we stayed in was beautifully decorated, spacious and had an amazing bathroom with a jacuzzi bath. The breakfast was delicious we thoroughly enjoyed it every morning and the menu choice was great.
We would definitely recommend this lodge.
Thank you so much to the owners who made our stay perfect.
Natasha & Pete

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha123430

Thank you too. It was a pleasure looking after you and we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I arrived at this hotel and was greeted by the friendly owners.the room was outstanding and so was the breakfast and filled me up for the day.it was the cleanest hotel i have ever been in and the veiw was breathtaking.we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are outstanding
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank barry s

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate this very much.