“Uitsmijter”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in St Keverne
Price range: US$1 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run cafe serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Open 7 days a week until the end of October. Then move to winter opening hours. last hot food served at 3:30
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

They have done it again !! Made me one of my favourite Dutch dishes, uitsmijter is a dish made with 2 slices of bread covered with ham and cheese and 3 fried eggs to top it off. And garnished with salad etc.
It can also be done with 2 eggs or even one slice of bread with ham, cheese and one egg as a snack.
It is not yet on the menu but if you ask they will make it for you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I ah reviewed this before we visited, it was a long way from where we were staying, but I can say it was well worth it. Plenty of seating inside and out. The coffee was very good, and the homemade lemonade delicious. I had a tuna sandwich, and it didn’t disappoint, it was well filled, and had a delightful side salad and coleslaw, all home made. All was made fresh , but the way to keep me entertained was reinforced about the Dog, Fred. He is a gorgeous little fellow, and I spotted some yarn and needles in a basket, my Step mum and I are keen knitters, and the sign said, please knit a square for Fred’s blanket, so that’s what we did.
The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent, don’t pass by you will miss a treat. Need a bigger car park. Xx

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an interesting place with bags of character. The owners clearly care about what they do. The food is honest and tasty. Lots of parking and outdoor seating. Well worth seeking out if you’re in the area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at their campsite for the weekend. What a little gem we have found. Ate breakfast at the cafe twice. Luckily we were blessed with the weather and could eat outside. Dogs made welcome. The food was excellent and The presentation immaculately done. We will definitely be back and recommend to all.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A nondescript building from the outside, Fat Apples provides a good range of home prepared dishes with personal attention, even if it's just coffee and cakes you order. Very friendly staff with time to chat in a friendly atmosphere. Well worth a visit.