“Never disappointed”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Grab an outside table to enjoy a light bite of lunch while watching the activity on the canal. Excellent homemade soups!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Every time I go to Merrickville, I always eat at Yellow Canoe. The food is succulent, the service is courteous, and the decor very welcoming. I highly recommend Yellow Canoe!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was a private event for a wedding. The staff were really great, the setting outside was beautiful. The food was very good. A lovely evening -- at nightfall the mosquitoes and no-see-ums came out -- would have been lovely if the staff had bug spray on hand!!! I was crawling out of my skin by the end of dinner because of the mulitple bites on my ankles.

1  Thank cotteng
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Went to Merrickville for a lovely day and lunch to celebrate a "4 generation" get together. We chose the Yellow Canoe! My daughter, 4 month granddaughter (in stroller), myself and aunt were seated no problem. Stroller was placed at end of our table. I must mention at no time were we told no strollers, or no children...
We ordered our food, proceeded to eat and as my daughter was just finishing her sandwich when another waitress came along and very rudely told her she would have to leave the stroller was in her way! She was obviously very upset and quickly got up and left. I addressed the issue with our waitress....her response was we don't encourage strollers! Well then put up a sign, or don't seat customers with children then kick them out! Not impressed. What a way to ruin a special day! Needless to say we will never be returning.
Just horrible PR! Ps...they did give my daughter her lunch free lol

3  Thank MikaOttawa
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The friends we were meeting had booked this cafe & what a good choice as the food was freshly prepared & very appetising. There wasn't a huge choice but what was on the menu would appeal to most palates. I had the fresh fruit & cheese plate which was delicious & certainly everyone in the party enjoyed what they had ordered. It is also licensed with choices of beer & wine. Lovely staff......very friendly.

1  Thank Jebelslaves