“Popular with the town residents”

The Goose & Gridiron
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Merrickville
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant located in beautiful historic Merrickville. We also have a great pub for get togethers with friends or casual meetings with clients all in an 1856 historic building. During beatiful summer weather sit on our patio and have a great meal in the sunshine! Book your next party in our separate party room that can accommodate up to 50. If it's a group, a family outing or a romantic night out give us a call or just drop in and we can accommodate all your needs. Cheers from The Goose!!
Reviewed 3 October 2017

while full on a weeknight with patrons who appeared to be regulars, the pub fare meal did not disappoint. generous portions accompanied by a good selection of beer offerings.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We visited the Goose in August for lunch in late August with our sister who was visiting us in the area and did not have the usual good experience as we had on previous visits. (See Trip Advisor review from Mumzed.)

The owner of the restaurant quickly responded to our review and offered us a complimentary meal to revisit the restaurant.

We visited the Goose on Saturday evening (September 16), and were treated very well, with a nice table by the fireplace. Our server, Cassidy, was attentive and friendly and made a connection with our twin grandsons who were with us. The service was prompt and far better than the previous visit.

I had the liver (which I had there before), and it was excellent. My husband really enjoyed the pizza and out grandsons ate every bit of their pogos and fries.

The experience on Saturday night was every bit as good as what the Goose and Gridiron gave us on the few visits we had that prompted us to return this past August, and they have won us back as patrons, especially since we now live in the area and we love to visit Merrickville often.

Thanks to the Goose---we'll be back!

Mark and Linda

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stopped in for our first visit to Merrickville on our way from cottage country to the Ottawa airport. We had a very nice time wandering around town: looking at historic homes, exploring the Rideau Canal lock area and browsing through the cute shops.
We stopped into this pub at random and were happy with our choice. We sat on the very pleasant patio. Our server was friendly and helpful. There were many menu options and the selections were described in detail. I had a delicious fish burger and my wife had a chicken quesadilla. I thought that the prices were very good - no attempt to gouge visitors in an obvious tourist destination. The food here would appeal to most travellers and day visitors.
My only quibble was the limited selection of craft beer (I noticed this at a number of eastern Ontario restaurants we visited). I like stout or dark lagers - the only option was Guinness. Why not offer some of the good local beer I sampled in the area such as Perth Brewing Bonfire Dark Lager?
This is a good option for a nice lunch, snack or dinner in Merrickville.

Ontheroadagaindude, Owner at The Goose & Gridiron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful little town. We are also happy you enjoyed your service and meal with us. We do have many craft beer on tap, Ashton Brewing Co., Beau's, Big Rig and more. We only carry one dark stout (Murphy's) and that's because it simply doesn't move fast enough to warrant more and the product go stail. We look forward to seeing you again. Cheers from all of us at The Goose:)

Reviewed 5 September 2017

i recommend the GOOOSE AND GRIDIRON restaurant to anyone who which to enjoy a delicious meal, sound environment and to be treated respectfully. They really serve good and nice meal and the waitress treat you like a king. Infact i will always come around whenever i visit ottawa.

Thank Alexander Konad... B

Thanks for choosing us on your visit to Canada. We hope you had a great time visiting our country. Cheers from all of us at The Goose:)

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I am a resident of Winnipeg (Manitoba) who came down to the Lanark region within the last two weeks. I was directed to the Goose and Gridiron restaurant and I was amazed of their excellent reception and great service. I can never forget McKenzie, who respectfully served me one of the most delicious fully loaded nachos I have had in the past years. My visit to the restaurant is the most memorable place I had throughout my visit to the Lanark region, as I was treated with great deal of respect I have long experienced. The Goose and Gridiron restaurant has great people who respect all persons regardless of attributes and I will always visit this restaurant anytime I come around.

I will always recommend the Goose and Gridiron restaurant to anyone who wishes to be treated respectfully and have a great meal especially fully loaded nachos.

We will pass this on to Mac. She will be pleased. Thanks for choosing us during your visit to Merrickville and we hope you come again in the near future. Cheers from all of us at The Goose:)