“Great burgers with a South African twist”

Savannah Cafe and Bar
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Berry
Price range: US$6 - US$1,988
Cuisines: African, Mediterranean
Description: South African food on the South Coast of New South Wales. Take your taste buds on a Safari! Tastiest burgers in town - mufasa, peri-peri chicken, veggie and pulled pork 😃 Also great salads - Current favourite Mediterranean salad is our pulled lamb & pearl cous cous salad.
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped there for lunch. The menu features a number of South African inspired light dishes. The Savannah sliders were delicious as was the pulled pork burger. Both were accompanied by delicious sweet potato wedges. Service was very friendly.

1  Thank bagaeta

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Off the Main Street at the back of a shopping arcade Savannah Cafe and bar does a great job preparing better than average cafe style meals. The menu is small but has a good range of tasty options with a focus on South African flavours. Recommended!

1  Thank AAAMM1
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Very happy. Will definetly go back. Great food, great service and atmosphere.
The Chef knows his produce and what works well.
Everyone was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Savannah Cafe is tucked away in the back of an arcade off Queen Street in Berry. We almost missed it because its hard to see from the street so I'm glad we stumbled acrost it when looking for lunch on a weekday. Berry has great eateries but I was surprised to find a South African restaurant in such a small town. It was my first taste of this cuisine so I tried one of the chef recommended dishes of bobotie which was a lamb mince with veggies served in a well seasoned sauce plated in a ramekin. We also had a trio of sliders which were absolutely delicious and well presented with a side of sweet potato wedges and various dipping sauces. I don't have any faults with the food except the portion size was very small and we left hungry looking for some nibbles. We paid dinner prices for lunch sized tapas so I'm not sure I would be returning to this restaurant unless I had a different budget in which case I would order extra food to satiate our appetite. The service was good and the atmosphere fairly casual with the arcade seating and a little less relaxed with the indoor seating. Definitely worth trying when visiting Berry unless you have a large appetite.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Food was good, service great. Thanks for fitting us in for a late breakfast. My museli was tasty. More words more words