All reviews outdoor bath great location private courtyard short walk into town a wonderful stay night stay self contained other guests tarek villa gate property byron appliances bugs kettle
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Had a great vacation with my girlfriend. The atmosphere here was awesome!! Great sites, we had fun overall. The studio was beautiful and located around the beach, the pool besides was in a different class and the only downside was parking on the street. Penthouse villa is just the place to be, it's just another haven on earth.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My hubby and I recently chose Cavvanbah for our 2 night anniversary get away. The cost was more than we would usually spend, but seeing it was a special occasion we decided to do it anyway. To be honest, although I cannot really put my finger on why, we were a little underwhelmed upon arrival. Perhaps we just expected something "more" seeing we were paying higher than our normal budget, so definitely more about "expectation" rather than an issue with Cavvanbah as such.
The location is fantastic! We had a car space, behind the gate, under cover which means FREE parking all weekend as we were able to walk EVERYWHERE! Plus the beach access is great as well and a leisurely 10min stroll along the beach and you are in town.
The room was private, except when the lady from the next villa took a wrong turn and attempted insistently to try and unlock our villa with her key! :) It was comfortable, modern and had all the amenities that one could want for a comfortable couple of night stay.
On booking i was very excited at the thought of the outdoor bath,however we did not make use of it in the end as it was not as private as I had hoped (could be seen from the gate), it was tucked right in the garden so I was a bit concerned about bugs and it did not have a lot of space around it so it just did not really appeal in the end.
We requested an earlier check in, but this was unavailable as it needed extra cleaning apparently. However when we arrived we still found an ashtray with cigarette butts and ash on the outdoor table and a lot of spider webs and dead bugs around the inside of the windows in the bathroom. I am probably a bit of a neat freak so this was a bit disappointing too. But I must admit everything else was neat and well clean.
Upon checking out, due to bad communication about who was packing what, I left ALL my clothes in a cupboard. I am grateful that the cleaners found this and promptly gave me a call to advise enquire about this. As we were still local I was able to go back promptly and collect my things. Needless to say that the service that we did need while at Cavvanbah, although minimal, was great!
Having said all that, I would recommend Cavvanbah for couples who are wanting a quiet relaxed weekend or couple of days/nights in Byron. We had a good time and stayed comfortably.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My wife and daughter spent some bonding time at Cavvanbah and praised all the modern amenities, services and staff.
They said the whole experience was perfect in every way. The cleanliness was exceptional and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Talk to the host. He knows best.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my boyfriend in the penthouse for one night. Amazing, amazing place I cannot recommend it enough, beautifully kept little apartment on incredibly cute grounds a stone throw away from the beach. Outdoor bath was an extra added bonus for us. One of the nicest places I've stayed in in my 25 years of living. Can't wait to return. Only downfall was the LED lights under the bed not working. Would recommend this place to anybody :)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We spent two glorious nights at this beautiful property staying in the Yarrawarrah penthouse villa. The property is very easy to find and close to everything important in Byron. Security is sensational and parking is convenient and easy to access behind a remote controlled gate. Our villa was well equipped, modern, comfortable, spacious and full of top quality furniture and appliances. The outdoor Bali bath in our private courtyard was an added indulgence.

Stayed: May 2017