All reviews free membership gosford rsl across the road rsl club stayed here for one night stay there again walking distance busy road central coast convenient location reception motel meals stopover
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Affordable motel, basic but comfortable. Needs to upgrade fridges otherwise all OK. Located opposite Gosford RSL (great food available)and you get a free membership to the RSL when you stay at the Motel.

Room Tip: At the back the quietest.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Stayed here for one night while looking at property in area. It was clean and reasonable priced. Staff were very good and helpful. Would stay again if in the area. Very central for house hunting around Gosford.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank paddyvientiane
Jacquie M, Manager at The Ashwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for your 4 star rating paddyvientiane. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was worried at first about the closeness of the road but once in our room we didn't hear any road noise,beautiful staff,beautiful clean rooms I notice this as I use to be a housekeeper in a couple of motels. The rsl just across the road had a beautiful meal as well ,, so beautiful and tidy motel,, thanks for having us

Room Tip: Very quiet
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adela S
Jacquie M, Manager at The Ashwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for your 5 star rating Adela S. We appreciate you reviewing us.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Understand that the rooms are "value" priced and fitted to a budget, no problem, get what you pay for.

It took me back to my early days as a rep in far Western QUEENSLAND 25 years ago. Almost dongas, clean but tired and no 6 beer head start in the fridge.

Don't be taken in by the Web page pic on it's site, no sail boats within a cooee of it, only the storm water drain called Brisbane Waters.

When my wife and I walked in, there were 2 friendly and happy people in reception, smiling and cheery, that was us, not the staff. Understand value priced accommodation, no drama, but if they didn't want our business they should have just told us to leave rather than being as rude as they could be.

I think they cater to tradies, there is a sign outside saying so. Maybe tradies aren't very refined? Maybe they should have put that on their website, "We specialise in tradies, rest of you can f#?k off".

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Had to make an emergency trip up the Central Coast late at night & checked into the Ashwood Motel. Was originally given room 48. There was a greeting party in the room of a large family of cockroaches. Went & spoke to the security guy & explained what happened. The security guy went to the room to check for himself. He too was greeted by the cockroach family. Was given another room. Woke up in the morning with a bug crawling on my daughter’s head & small bugs on my bed near the pillow. Advised management upon check out & even provided photos of the bugs. Was later told by management that the place was sprayed last month & the weather caused the bugs & there would be no refund. NOT AN ENJOYABLE STAY.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family