All reviews air con woolshed restaurant late check challenging holes great potential our recent stay booked cabins the kitchen three bedroom cant wait weekend getaway with friends very pleasant stay stunning views last weekend each afternoon highly recommend this place get away
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Travelled down from Sydney for a weekend of golf with 20 of my friends. We had a fantastic time. The golfing and food was fantastic and the only thing that could have improved the weekend was my ability to play golf. Will definitely return again...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Amie S, General Manager at Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Hello 156jennifer,

Thank you for your review about your weekend with us.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and the golf.
By the way, don't worry about the golfing ability (or lack of), I'm in the same boat as you!

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you down very soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Nice accommodation on the golf course. We were in the newer villas and had a commanding view over the course. We played for 2 days and really had the course to ourselves. Quite a demanding track , tight and moderately long so not for the high handicappers.

Room Tip: Three bedroom villas number 63 and 64 were great.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Amie S, General Manager at Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Hello 99BMB,

Thanks for your review and I'm glad to hear you were happy with the accommodation, especially that view.

It can be a challenging course, can't it? Glad to hear that you got around it and came out on top.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I visited the Woolshed Restaurant with some family on the 16.04.17 for dinner. From the minute we walked in, the rustic yet glamorous charm blew us away. It is gorgeous, it was a little chilly out, so we were stoked to find they had a lit fireplace! The service was quick, and after telling a staff member about my dietary needs (i am both a celiac and lactose intolerant- a tricky one) the chef was kind enough to come out himself and discuss my meal options with me- this is a first!!
So, by this point i thought "can't get much better"
Then the food arrived... Thankfully they were thoughtful and my 5yo son's food arrived first (if youre a parent you know what a relief this is).
The food looked and tasted absolutely incredible. And the serving sizes were literally double the size of what i expected to be served! (Better yet, the side salad was more than just lattuce!)
Honestly the best service and meal i have had in a while.
If youre a good eater put yourself up to the challenge of trying 'The Woolshed Burger', but you have to finish the chips too to be successful! (To give you an idea- my 17yo brother who is always found either using the gym or eating was unable to finish it, haha)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hello Gidgetsteele,

Wow, what an extensive review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

As winter approaches we'll certainly have that wood fire burning.

Sounds like your brother struggled with the size of the "Woolshed Burger"! It is a challenge.

Hope to welcome you and your family back soon to the Woolshed Restaurant, and thanks again for the kind words.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

My Wife and I have just stayed here on the weekend. We had a blast. Our cottage had the most incredible views especially in the late afternoon on the balcony with a cold beverage in hand! Doesn't get much better.
One of the highlights though was the great meal we had on Saturday night in the restaurant. The restaurant is a beautiful old wool shed with heaps of atmosphere and charm.(I was surprised by a couple of previous reviews. The management must have changed contractors). The steaks my wife and I had were one of the best we have had.The meals coming out to the other diners looked awesome as well.The service could not be faulted.
This place is just the tonic for a relaxing getaway whether you are a golfer or not.
We will be back for sure. Thanks for making our weekend just perfect.Cheers!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Purdstar
Amie S, General Manager at Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Hello Purdstar,

Gosh, thank you so much for your lovely review, so kind.

Nothing quite like sitting on the balcony watching the sunset, especially with a few kangaroos hopping by.

Thank you also for taking the time to review the restaurant too. We've recently changed our contractors and now have new staff cooking in the Woolshed Restaurant. We're working very hard to deliver food and service that people expect. It pleases me that we've succeeded with your stay.

Hopefully, you'll come back and visit us in winter, and we'll have the old wood fire roaring.

Thanks again for your lovely review.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

There are no words to describe how beautiful and serene the place is. The service was extremely friendly and quick. We requested a late check out and considering that we have booked five cabins, was a big ask but they graciously allowed us to sleep in late. We had booked cabins and villas and I would highly recommend the villas, they are worth the extra few bucks. The cabins were clean but a bit dark and old for my liking. We stayed in number 26 and it was just beautiful.
There were two bedrooms and two attached bathrooms, clean and well presented. I would definitely go back to stay perhaps for even longer than a night.
We are not golfers but there were a number of activities that kept the kids busy.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank HCheema
Amie S, General Manager at Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Hello HCheema,

Thank you so much for your lovely and kind words, I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed yourself.

Villa 26 is lovely, especially with that big veranda that wraps around. I sure hope you saw some kangaroos hopping by?

We would love to welcome you and your family back to Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort, especially for two days. That's when you can really kick back and relax.

Thanks again HCheema.