All reviews water slides splash pad jumping pillow limited wifi fairy floss games room great location powered site camp kitchen main beach big park slab sites flight path great place for kids recent stay night's sleep park facilities
Reviewed 20 November 2015

I requested an un-powered site and was very happy with my stay. Close to the beach & within walking distance to town centre. Toilets and showers clean & well maintained. I was assisted by staff to a better site for my tent when rain threatened. I enjoyed my stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
24macass, Manager at BIG4 Merimbula Tween Waters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip advisor. I am glad that our great staff were able to help you with your site.

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Quite a nice caravan park with good facilities but very disappointed with their checkout procedure. Firstly the reception doesn't open until 9.00 so if you need to return your amenities key to have your deposit refunded, you need to wait until 9.00a.m. and queue up with dozens of others doing the same, or return it the night before and not be able to use the amenities block prior to leaving. Ridiculous.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
24macass, Manager at BIG4 Merimbula Tween Waters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We are sorry that you were disappointed with our check out procedure for departures outside office hours. In the Frequently Asked Questions on the back of the map says that if you are intending to leave before 9.00am to come and see the office. We will gladly refund you your deposit and then you can hold onto your amenities keys for the night , so that you are able to use all amenities. In the morning you simply put your keys in the after hours key return hole. Melbourne Cup weekend is a great weekend here at Tween Waters, I hope that you were able to accept our invitation to come up to the BBQ area to enjoy our free afternoon tea and Melbourne cup on the Big Screen TV. By all reports the holiday makers had a great time. Check out on the Monday was big and unfortunately unavoidable.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

I booked 2 nights in an "Islander" Cabin, They have a couple of different cabin types, and the Islander is their base range, described as "for the budget conscious traveller", I booked this as it was the only Cabin type available during my stay. The lady at check in was very pleasant. When I drove into the area where my cabin was I was first surprised at the state of the roads inside the park, there was potholes all over the pavement, a hazard to young kids and their bikes I would think. Also the gardens and landscaping were poorly maintained. Something BIG4's usually pride themselves on. There was minimal landscaping, with bushes growing over pathways, and large ugly industrial bins sitting out in the open, no attempt to make them less obvious. The park is close to the beach and about a 15min walk into town.The cabin was just that, "budget". It was small with a flat tin roof, and felt very tired. The supports under the lounge cushion had given way, so when you sat on it you sunk into a hole. I decided that I did not want to stay a second day at this property, I was aware that their conditions stated no refunds, but I thought I would ask. I approached reception and asked if I shortened my stay could I get a refund, she said no, but asked why I wanted to leave. I explained why, that I was not comfortable in the cabin. She suggested I ask the reception manager, "Cathy" in the morning. The first night confirmed to me that I did not want to stay a second, the cabin was tired, small (tiny ensuite), and the curtains did not provide privacy or light blockout, so I did go and chat with Cathy. Cathy clearly stated to me that there would be no refund, her exact words "absolutely not", she told me that's the risk of booking online, not knowing exactly what standard the accommodation is, and that I should have called the park directly when booking. However she did offer me an upgrade to the next level cabin at no extra charge, a "beachcomber". Rather than throw away $95 I did accept that offer. The beachcomber was better. However on the second night it rained constantly, and I learned that prefabricated cabins with a tin roof and no other internal false roof, did not provide for any buffer from the noise. The rain on the tin roof, and the lager drops falling from the over hanging gum tree, was like trying to sleep inside a bass drum, it was so loud. So in summary I did not enjoy my stay, and would not stay in a caravan park cabin ever again, I'll stick to properly constructed dwelling, like motels.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
tweenwaters, Manager at BIG4 Merimbula Tween Waters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our park on trip advisor. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our park. I am so pleased that Cathy was able to give you a free upgrade to our recently renovated Beachcomber cabin as you were not happy with our budget cabin. We are in the process of re furbishing our budget range which does take time. We have completed two with three to go. The screening of the industrial bins were due to commence earlier this year however they got pushed back in the maintenance schedule due to the unexpected refurbishment of the the large 3 bedroom Beach House. I will bring to issue of the roads to the attention of the maintenance staff . I am unsure as to what you were referring to in regards to the gardens,however i will again bring it to the attention of the gardener. I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope that you find accommodation more suited to you when you next visit Merimbula

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We recently spent 8 days in a caravan at the Tween Waters Caravan Park. The sites were great, all with concrete slabs. The location is jewel, walking distance to the beach and the lake, walking distance to town and the clubs. Management were very friendly and helpful. There is plenty of pools and entertainment for the kids. We were a couple and couldn't speak highly enough of the park and also Merimbula. Merimbula has plenty of walking tracks, coffee shops and even a few shops for the wife. Beaches and lakes are great with plenty of options. Definitely would recommend.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
24macass, Manager at BIG4 Merimbula Tween Waters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Thank you for writing a review and recommending Tween Waters on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us, Yes Tween Waters is in a great location and we have great staff who keep the park in top condition. Thanks again

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Beautifully kept park within easy walking distance to the lake and town, and just a stone's throw to Main Beach.
The caravan sites have concrete slabs and are within easy access to the clean amenities. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, which is always a very important factor.
Will definitely be back.. Been coming to Merimbula for a long time and have enjoyed many family holidays over the years in either homes or apartments; always opting to stay on the beautiful, sunny Fishpen Peninsula. Now that we are travelling as a couple we couldn't be happier that our favourite area has a wonderful park suitable for our new van.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a positive review. We also love the fact that Tween Waters is very central and totally agree that the Fishpen is the best place to stay in Merimbula. Thanks again