Nelson Towers Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Nelson Resort(Nelson Bay)
Cote D'Azur(Nelson Bay)
Mantra Aqua(Nelson Bay)
Central Motel(Nelson Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewssecure parkingoutstanding viewsgreat locationbar fridgeshort walk to the marinalarge balconyport stephensfree wifibevnelsonshopskitchenettehostswharfsofatoaster
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Ok, let me begin by saying that my wife and I had a great time at Nelson Towers; the place is well appointed with many amenities (Pool, parking, AC etc) But what let's this place down the most is the outdated decor. The Air Conditioner looked like it came out of the early 80's, the kitchen was the same and it was generally just outdated.

Please note that everything was clean; beds, lounge chairs etc, but just old.

Having said all of that, the location is THE BEST!! You can walk to the Marina, to Nelson Bay beach, ALL the shops and that includes every single eatery or restaurant you want. So for location I would recommend Nelson Towers but as noted, the rooms need a serious update.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

On arrival the location was good but more family friendly than a couples stop over. On arrival the staff were some the most welcoming I've ever experienced.

The room was clean but heavily outdated, felt like I was in the 80's and with very poor wifi leaving it quite disconnected from modern hotels. The general room deco was not my cup of tea; the rooms need seriously updating.

Parking was great but the main disappointment was the depressing pool, the picture is accurate but the pool is only good for children.

All in all it did the job but wouldn't stay again. 4/10.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam R
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This motel is well-located with secure parking and easy access to the marina, cafes, shops, supermarket and park. Across the road a footpath leads through the park and along the waterside - providing pleasant opportunities for morning walks. (A 35 minute walk took me up to the lighthouse for great views - but you don't have to go that far to enjoy yourself.)
The rooms were clean, comfortable and good value for money - with kitchenette, bathroom and balcony access (no views from my deluxe room - but that was not an issue for me). There is lift access from the carpark.
The hosts were pleasant, welcoming and helpful.
I came to the area for a wedding, but would be happy to stay here again for a holiday.
My tip: make sure the sliding door to the balcony is locked before you go out or go to sleep, etc - I never used the balcony during my short stay, but realised shortly before leaving that it had been unlocked all night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Nelson Towers motel is in a good location as it is near all the restaurants and just a short walk to the marina, but as for the room and motel itself it was pretty average which is reflected in the price.
I thought the secure covered parking was good but wouldn't want to get there when it's full as people parked taking up two spaces.
That said if you just need somewhere cheap to stay then here will be fine. Rooms were clean and functional.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and had never stayed at port Stephens so we decided a road trip we needed . First night stay was at the Nelson bay towers location excellent price not the best for the lack of views ,in saying this balcony is big and beautiful to sit on and enjoy go up pool deck for outstanding views . Mangers friendly and helpful. Room not fantastic but clean and bed so comfortable spa small but so nice . We had room 7

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple