“Not what we expected”

Frank and blanco Picton
Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Picton
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My wife felt like Mexican for lunch so I thought I'd use TripAdvisor. So we went for a Sunday drive and went here for lunch. Nothing like we expected. More of a middle of nowhere city trendy feel about the place. The staff was very pleasant and nice. The menu is very very limited for lunch, now I'm presuming it's more of a dinner venue as a lunch venue.
My wife wanted burrito but they only have them on Thursday's I think he said but were more than happy to make it for her.
The food all in all was very nice yet small portions to what you'd expect from your family fast food Mexican restaurant.
I think the place would be nice at night with a few friends and a few drinks to go along with it.
Not for what we were after but not bad either.

1  Thank Shane T

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Saturday night. I found the service poor. Had to ask three times for our entree which we got after we had our main meal and I did not see any value for money in my dinner. I ordered chicken tacos and I recieived two small tacos with three small bits of chicken it looked like an entree not dinner for which I paid 14.00. Would not recommend or go back. I was very disappointed. After hearing it had good reviews.

1  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Food is fresh and yummi, but all portions are like snacks, so you have to order more or you'll stay hungry.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We went to Frank and Blanco's for a late lunch on Easter Sunday. As vegetarians we were very happy with the choice of options on the menu. The staff were pleasant and the prices were reasonable. We will be happy to visit again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The food was nice, but its a bit of a surprise when you get there, and apart from the Mexican based tapas, there's only 5 main dishes, and the waitress tells you that they are out of two of them, at 7pm on a Saturday.

And then you order your main dish- the angus burger with bacon, and get told that they're out of bacon, can they substitute it with chorizo.

It was nice, but for early on a Saturday night to be out of so much stuff, screams of disorganisation in the kitchen.

I'd return, as there aren't many options in Picton, and this is one of the better ones, but they do need to pick up their act.

2  Thank b_long176