“Good quality country style food”
Review of Vaby's Restaurant

Vaby's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Picton
Price range: US$18 - US$22
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

A beautiful location and an historic building, the old cheese factory. The menu was comprehensive, I had bruschetta and eye fillet. Cooked beautifully, service staff are a tad quick, but all in all, good quality food, and warm atmosphere.....

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had flathead fillets with there special curley chips and salad very nice, they have a good variety to choose from, I didn't look at sweets as this was lunch. My only complaint is parking as it is near the station so you may have to walk a little bit

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Atmosphere is great very colonial situated in Picton near railway station. Food and wine are excellent and offer chicken, steak, pasta, sea food and some Mexican variations. Service was excellent with being attentative but not over bearing.

1  Thank lindapipturner
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is in an ideal location, a few hundred steps from the local railway station. The menu and wine list are extensive and interesting, plenty of choices and at reasonable prices. There was a long wait for our meal but, to be fair, the restaurant was crowded. My main meal of spinach & chicken parcel was very generous. I could have shared it easily. I loved the chocolate volcano dessert. It was perfect.

1  Thank Emjmeakin
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I had my daughters baptism in the function room and the food was amazing (we all left bloated) the staff couldn't be more accommodating i had a hand picked menu three courses and have very fussy eaters ( w a no. Of dietary issues from Celiac's to a chef in the family) and they catered to everyone the food was outstanding our menu
mixed plater and salad
barramundi or lamb shank with the go nuts or cream brulé and tea n coffee.. The entre set the standard and the barramundi was light and filling and the lamb fell off the bone n melted in your mouth The staff went above and beyond for our guests they put special in our special day and took care of everything set up was elegant and owner Dom and his staff were brilliant they let us set up the night before and staff did the rest we only had to turn up.. And waddle to our car situated right next to the station for those on public transport was effort less ( we all left one belt buckle larger)

1  Thank theVtothaC