“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND DELICIOUS MEALS”
Review of Ocean Restaurant

Ocean Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in The Entrance
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017

When I arrived at this restaurant which is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of town, I realised i had been here about 11-12 years ago
The location is wonderful looking over the ocean, the food on offer is very appealing and my dinner was superb
The staff were attentive without being over the top and it was a wonderful evening

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

From the very professional and friendly waitress to the stunning views to the amazing food, wow, wow and wow!
Pork Belly entree was so tasty with perfect crackle and amazing sauce then lamb main with such tasty veggies and crisp greens all while enjoying the amazing views; I loved the experience and I’ll return.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I went to the Ocean Restaurant for my birthday with my dad. The seafood platter is to die for!! Super fresh, big portions and extremely delicious! Will definitely be going again! ❤️

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We took our mother to Ocean Restaurant today for a birthday lunch and couldn't have had a better experience. We were there for her birthday 5 years ago and remembering the great food and service, decided to go there again. Not only were the wait staff just as lovely as last time, ensuring everything was just right, taking photos for us, etc but because I’d mentioned in passing that it was Mum's birthday, when it came time for dessert they surprised her - and us - with a candle and a beautifully scribed chocolate icing birthday message on her dessert plate. To top it all off, there were whales splashing about in the ocean below, pointed out to us by the staff. The servings were generous, delicious and beautifully plated. Mum said she couldn't fault anything about it. Service, atmosphere, and food - all 10/10.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews I had high expectations for this restaurant, which was located below our motel. It does have a nice view and the sole waitress and mixologist did a sterling job. However my gnocchi with mushrooms and sage butter was rather bland and greasy. My lobster pieces and prawns were wrapped in honeyed noodles which had been deep fried. In consequence it was rather oily and the seafood over cooked. My wife’s blue eyed cod ( more like a type of swordfish in consistency than cod) was overcooked chewy and dry. In our room it said we got two courses for $49 but despite having booked through the motel reception this was not offered. So 2 course meal with wine and cocktails for two came in at $250 with tip. Not cheap and sadly the cooking standards do not justify this.