“Another Memorable Meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017

In 2010 we first visited Ocean & the oysters have been etched in our memories ever since. Booked a table for lunch on what turned out to be a gorgeous Saturday, when we approached the restaurant there was a table outside which we asked if we could use, if it's free on a nice day please sit outside people! The view & ocean breeze is amazing.

Entree was oysters three ways (natural/salt foam/finger lime) & salmon roulade - Both were delicious but personally the salt foam oysters were too much for me, great quality oysters though! The salmon roulade also included prawns & was creamy & tasty.

For main DH chose the cold seafood platter which he said was fresh, delicious & included more of the amazing oysters plus prawns, smoked salmon, mussels, pipis & I'm sure there was more I'm forgetting! I chose the salmon with spinach, blistered tomato & a beautiful creamy sauce. The salmon was well cooked & the skin, crisp to perfection

It's not often you find a restaurant that can live up to a perfect memory. Ocean exceeded our first visit not only with their food but also with their friendly staff who were just as accommodating as seven years ago. Thank you Ocean team, you certainly set a high standard!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

When I arrived at this restaurant which is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of town, I realised i had been here about 11-12 years ago
The location is wonderful looking over the ocean, the food on offer is very appealing and my dinner was superb
The staff were attentive without being over the top and it was a wonderful evening

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

From the very professional and friendly waitress to the stunning views to the amazing food, wow, wow and wow!
Pork Belly entree was so tasty with perfect crackle and amazing sauce then lamb main with such tasty veggies and crisp greens all while enjoying the amazing views; I loved the experience and I’ll return.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I went to the Ocean Restaurant for my birthday with my dad. The seafood platter is to die for!! Super fresh, big portions and extremely delicious! Will definitely be going again! ❤️

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We took our mother to Ocean Restaurant today for a birthday lunch and couldn't have had a better experience. We were there for her birthday 5 years ago and remembering the great food and service, decided to go there again. Not only were the wait staff just as lovely as last time, ensuring everything was just right, taking photos for us, etc but because I’d mentioned in passing that it was Mum's birthday, when it came time for dessert they surprised her - and us - with a candle and a beautifully scribed chocolate icing birthday message on her dessert plate. To top it all off, there were whales splashing about in the ocean below, pointed out to us by the staff. The servings were generous, delicious and beautifully plated. Mum said she couldn't fault anything about it. Service, atmosphere, and food - all 10/10.