All reviews budget cabin jet aircraft games room one night ensuite site would stay again curfew airport vans tweed pet facilities key grass highway parks
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We only stayed one night, but were able to keep the Caravan hooked up. We had an ensuite site, and it was very clean and convenient. The Laundry was clean. This Park is Pet friendly, but you are confined as to where you can walk your Dog. It's a nice Park, but as you are close to an Airport, you will hear the Planes.

Stayed: July 2017
PyramidPark, Manager at Pyramid Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

I am pleased to hear we were able to meet your needs for your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your review.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We found the park to be very clean and well maintained. We stayed in a budget cabin, perfect for 2, but maybe not so for an elerderly person as we needed to go up a couple of small steps to get inside. The bathroom was separate from the cabin, I thought it might be cold as we stayed in July, but surprisingly it was not cold. The park was fairly quiet even though it was school holidays, there seemed to be a lot of older permanent residents. As he is ex air force my hubby loved the planes going over, they were great to watch and there weren't that many to be a bother. Just be aware that the free wifi only works around the office and bbq areas, but internet time can be purchased from the office. I would definatley stay here again. Pets are allowed but not in the cabins, which is a pity as I would love to bring my little dog here and we don't have our own van.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry we do not allow pets in cabins as most guests would do the right thing. It is the minority who do not care and ruin it for everyone. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This was the worst place I ever stayed at. They deliberately avoid telling you about the airport because if you realised just how noisy it is you would never ever book it. There are snakes, I saw them myself, so surely they would already have someone on speed dial to be able to deal with that. We had some junkies placed next to us who carried on all night walking across our plot and then they tripped and broke part of our tent. Staff did nothing at all about it. They lack customer service skills because they are so used to dealing with regular ferals. I go out of my way now to make sure I never book this one again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but I can assure you the problems you mentioned with "ferals" is one that we take seriously. As we have a lot of people who live in the park, we work hard to make sure they can enjoy their homes. Sometimes this is difficult with anti-discrimination laws and only having a short time to assess people checking in. I will look into the issue to determine if we can improve our service. We do not need to mention the airport because anyone who reads reviews about the park cannot miss the high % of reviews that mention it. As much as I would like to move the airport they are not seeing it from my point of view and they are still there. We do not notice the planes much except on special occasions when the Air Force Roulette's do one of their display fly overs or a larger plane comes in. To me it is like the sound of a V8 engine. I love it. We do get the odd snake and have a catch and release snake trap for the times they visit. If you do decide to stay with us again, I am sure your experience would be very different.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Been several times! 20 yrs ago with children, liked it then and still like it! Permanents friendly, keep their places nice! Under end of runway Coolangatta airport but never bothered us! Quite interesting actually! Amenities all good and staff very friendly and helpful. Shop stocked well in office!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
PyramidParkTeam, Manager at Pyramid Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear the planes did not ruin your stay. It is also wonderful to know that 20 years on, you are still enjoying your time with us. Thank you very much for your support.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived late at night but the owners had organised a key and directions to our cabin, very nice people. The cabin was perfect for an overnight stay. The airplanes were loud, but honestly didn't seem to bother us.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

It is great to know our after hours arrangements worked, and the planes did not upset your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post the wonderful review.