Bear Creek Mountain Resort(Macungie)
Hotels.com
US$100
US$140
Staybridge.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewskutztown universitythe creme brulee french toastclaw foot tubbed and breakfastlovely weekendantique furnitureoff street parkingbreakfast was deliciousfresh baked cookieshome away from homelarge bathroomfirst floorwithin walking distancenice roommerlot suitecorradofreshman
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I am a professor at the local university but live out of town. The Inn has become my ‘work home’ - I have stayed in every room and enjoyed many home cooked breakfasts in their salon.

After years of staying her by myself my husband joined me one weekend, his reaction is the best review I can give:

“ I don’t every want to hear you complain about having to sleep over at work again, this Inn is amazing, fireplaces, claw foot tubs for long baths and adorable rooms, seriously you stay at a perfect romantic getaway for work ”

Room Tip: If you want to sleep late, don't take the Corrado, you can hear them cooking in the kitchen around 7am.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Loved the Main Street Inn! I needed a place close to Kutztown University and am so glad I found this adorable inn. So quaint and cozy. My first floor room was extremely clean and the furnishings were beautiful. The bathroom was large and again, immaculately clean. The guest kitchen was wonderful! There were drinks in the frig, snacks, homemade cookies, candy, a hot chocolate bar, complimentary glass of wine or craft beer. There were lots of breakfast choices too, which is included in the price. They even offered to make me eggs, bacon/sausage any way I liked. Off street parking was nice. Highly recommend staying here! It was absolutely lovely and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Shena C, General Manager at Main Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Hi kakjwarner,

Thanks for the review. We love that you described the Inn as quaint and cozy. That is exactly how we feel as well. And so happy that you enjoyed all of the snacks and beverages available in the guest kitchen. Baking those for the guests is one of the best parts of the job. Looking forward to seeing you again on a repeat visit!

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Can I just live here? My stay at Main Street Inn was nothing short of magical. My wife and I flew in from California on a red-eye, and had events planned around 5:00 pm at the University. After breakfast in Philadelphia, and a weary drive up the turnpike, it was an absolute godsend to find our room ready for early check in. Pam couldn't have been more welcoming, I felt like we had arrived at an old friend's house. We stayed the The Wanner Suite which was wonderful. The bed was so very comfortable, and the sheets were super soft. We were treated to a delicious home cooked breakfast and fresh, hot coffee in the morning. We will, without a doubt, stay here any time we visit Kutztown.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Hi Dana W,

Thanks for the kind words of praise. We are glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival. As you said, after a long day of traveling, who doesn't want to put their feet up and relax? And we can certainly discuss you living here...you can pay in odd jobs around the Inn. :)

Hopefully we will see you and your wife again soon on a repeat visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We absolutely loved everything about this weekend in Kutztown at the Main Street Inn. The staff was accommodating, the suites were spacious and clean, the food was delicious and made to order and then even helped us plan our events while staying there. We had friends join us the second night and we had a great time. I came back and already wanted to plan another stay! Thanks again for everything and I'll be sure to recommend and visit again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello mattjencav,

Thanks so much for your kind words. We loved having you and your friends stay with us and I'm happy to hear the suggested activities were a good time for all of you. And thank you as well for your word of mouth recommendation. Hopefully you will find a reason to visit this area again soon!

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We rented three rooms to stay over the night before our daughter's graduation.The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. Breakfast was made to order and delicious! It snowed the morning of graduation, and the staff cleared the snow from our cars when we were getting ready to leave.

We had a wonderful stay and highly recommend the Main Street Inn when visiting Kutztown.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Shena C, General Manager at Main Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Thanks so much for your review. We loved having you and your family as guests and were happy to help with the snow. You all were so nice and so helpful, even cleaning up and resetting the coffee pot. :-) Best of luck to your daughter post graduation!