“Pleasantly Surprised”

Namaste Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 614 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Have been to Tulsi which was the old Indian restaurant at this location, they were okay but I can say that Namaste is much better! While the attached hotel and parking is a little off-putting I assure you that the restaurant itself is quite nice inside since their remodel. The staff was incredibly friendly and prompt, the Saturday lunch buffet spread was phenomenal, there were too many things to try all in one sitting! The naan was fresh and hot and lightly brushed with butter, the rice was bright and fluffy, the southern Indian curry was spicy and good, the tikka masala was as one would expect but still tasty. The rice biryani was very authentic and made with mixed saffron rice and regular rice, had a bit of a kick to it and the fresh coriander and curry leaves made it look great. The chili chicken was hot and looked beautifully bright red with onions and fresh curry leaves on top, which was my favorite. The rice pudding was standard but comforting, and the honey balls were by far the best I have ever tasted, perfectly formed and the sauce was deliciously sweet.

The dining room appeared clean and tidy, service was excellent, food was fantastic, can't beat the price for what you get, will be back to try the other things I couldn't fit in my stomach!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to the old place Tulsi and this is better! Remodeled dining room and friendly staff. My Saag was flavorful as the portion was large. I’ll be back!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I've lived in the Mountville/Lancaster City area for quite awhile now and had driven by Namaste (and the restaurant there previously) wondering what it was like. The other day some friends from church took us there, and we had a wonderful experience! The food was fantastic; I got the street noodles and garlic naan bread. Both were great, and the portion sizes were generous. Our server was also very friendly and took great care of us. My wife has celiac and they accommodated her gluten-free diet no problem. Would highly recommend Namaste!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Fabulous!! So good :) we ordered the appetizer platter and it had such amazing flavors plus yummy sauces to dip in. We also split the coconut curry lamb, chicken tikka masala and the drunken noodle. We ordered a 6 on the spicy scale and it was on point. The garlic naan was super fresh as well. Very attentive service and friendly staff.