“Culinary Trifecta; issei noodle, Lancaster PA”
Review of Issei Noodle

Issei Noodle
Ranked #104 of 612 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Craving umami, that savory flavor that only a good Asian chief can achieve. After a brief search we found issei noodle in Lancaster PA, and boy was I satisfied. They hit the culinary trifecta: Great food, great service and fair prices.

Upon entering we were greeted by the amiable hostess with a sincere "make yourself at home." Familial hospitality was evident in every staff interaction we encountered.
The menu was extensive with Japanese, Vietnamese and Thai offerings. Our hostess took the time to describe the menu and made appropriate recommendations. Portions are large for sharing; D8, Shrimp Tempura Egg Don-Buri over white rice stimulated our taste buds, nicely seasoned. We added avocado; this added a nice creaminess to the spicy, umami flavor. Since this is a noodle restaurant we also chose one of their signature noodle dishes: #10 Gomoku White Miso Ramen. This was a large portion of Japanes noodles and vegetables in a yummy, spicy, umami filled broth warming us up on a very chilly evening.

A nice selection of Sake was available as well as other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Prices were reasonable. Metered street parking was available as well as a municipal lot one block away.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

As always, the food was great and the atmosphere was pleasant.

We love Asian foods and the dishes here are Authentic and bold with flavors.

Definitely a must!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We ate here a couple of times. It was really good food and light. We had to wait a little while but it was worth the wait. We got noodles and veggies and really enjoyed the good, fresh food.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is one of my absolute favorite places in Lancaster. It's kinda in a weird spot, in a weird building, on the second floor, near the central market. It's worth seeking out and finding.

I am slowly making my way through the entire menu with the exception of the small plates.

I cannot be at Issei and not eat their amazing Gyoza. I have dreams about their gyoza. I write them sonnets, and songs and it's kind of pathetic how much I love them.

All the things I have tried and loved: Pho (all kinds. Make sure you get the bean sprouts), shoyu ramen, chasu ramen, spicy tan tan ramen, fried egg roll vermicelli salad (get extra dressing), haru warm ramen, sakura ramen, egg noodle delight, sesame don buri, and hanbun-hanbun.

My absolute favorite is the Haru Warm Ramen but really, everything is wonderful.

The servers at Issei are charming and delightful as well as attentive. It's great when you go with coworkers and friends and they can split the check for you by person at the register.

I love this place. I love this place. I love this place.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The food was incredible=I had the dumplings to start with and Hubby had the edamame which were great. I had the Signature Ramen noodle soup that Andrea recomended with Pork, and onions. The pork was sweet with their secret sauce and with the heat from the soup to spice it up it was just incredible. Andrea was attentive to our every question and helped us so much in even drawing us a map in order to find the Lemon Farmer's market nearby for some heirloom tomato's. She went the extra mile to make our meal here special and the food itself was incredible. Wish we had this place in Florida!!