“Perfect”
Review of John J. Jeffries

John J. Jeffries
Reserve with OpenTable
John J. Jeffries is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 612 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mullberry St.
Description: During renovations, workers found in the floor beams a signed inspection stamp--November 5, 1890--with the name of tobacco inspector John J. Jeffries. We named the restaurant after him. We’ve designed our menu based on local, seasonal, sustainable and organic agriculture and delicious recipes. Please join us and taste the difference of local farm-to-table sustainable cuisine in one of Lancaster's best fine dining restaurants. As the Chefs and Owners of John J Jeffries, we believe you will find our passion for supporting local businesses and preserving the land we live on, to be contagiously obvious in how we run our restaurant. All of our meats are raised locally, confinement-free on fresh green grass pastures. No hormones, antibiotics, steroids or forced-fertilization occurs. Our produce is local organic or chemical free. We use local grass fed cream, butter and eggs. We also provide sustainable seafood and support sustainable fisheries.
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to John J. Jeffries on a whim liking the description of Farm to Table. Wow were we pleased and impressed. To start with, Sergio our server was attentive, friendly and seemed delighted with our choices. I’m not a fan of Liver, but my wife who is said it was perfectly cooked and delicious. The Octopus in my salad was also perfectly cooked, not easy, and the pepper vinaigrette left my mouth tingling. The winner of the night was the Pork Gorditas, pulled pork on a pumpkin Johnny cake with stone ground grits, chimichurri , creme Fraiche and a roasted tomato sauce. It worked beautifully and I could have licked my plate. The braised Lamb was also beautifully done. The restaurant is beautiful, the service is top shelf, the wine list matches the food and the desserts are house made and delicious. Thanks to Sergio and all the staff...

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Staff were a little slow and almost disinterested. Scallops, soup, lamb and pork - not convinced that the description in the menu was actually borne out by what arrived on the plate and I found the menu a little restricted.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We were delighted with the varied and excellent menu. Everyone at the table loved their choices, from lamb to scallops, to clam chowder. Excellent!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Arriving late for one night at the adjoining Lancaster Arts Hotel, we chose John J. Jeffries for convenience....and we're glad we did. The room was full, but, as with our entire two week holiday, it was a lovely warm evening and we were offered the courtyard, which we had to ourselves and it made for a perfect evening. My scallops and my wife's taco with pear salad were both delicious and the table service was perfect, despite us being on our own. Strongly recommended

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Our group had a marvelous dinner with good wine, knowledgeable & delightful servers.
What more could you want...but for me, it was one of the best ever to finally have practically the entire menu to choose gluten-free. Every soup is made without wheat. How refreshing to find a great restaurant while at the same time Celiac friendly.