Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
US$209
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$189
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne(Langhorne)(Great Value!)
US$118
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley(Langhorne)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$120
US$116
US$109
US$139
All reviewsbucks countythe club loungeacross the streetfront desksesame placehotel restaurantboston marketfitness centershuttle serviceevery half hourmy sonupon checkindoor pooltheme parkfree shuttlesmall childrensesame street
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect location for Sesame Place trip. Directly across the street with views of the park from our room. There is even a free shuttle over to help save $$$ on parking. Nice room for family overnight with a great price. Can't beat this location, close to shops, restaurants and attractions.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 20 September 2017

A Tragedy Waiting to Happen?
My daughter and I stayed in the Sheraton Bucks County Hotel from Thursday, Sunday, September 14-17, 2017. As we were getting ready for bed at approximately 11:45 p.m. on Saturday night, the fire alarm and strobe lights went off, and we were told evacuate the hotel immediately. We were told not to take the elevators and to use the stairs. I am 75 and use a cane, so walking down 10 flights was doable, but still a challenge. Although I knew that the hotel was across the street from Sesame Street, a huge children’s amusement park, I was unprepared to see so many young, terrified children, crying as they struggled down the stairs with their parents. The noise from the alarms was deafening in the stairwells, and the strobe lights added to the confusion. Although the stairs were full of people, all of the adults allowed the small children to set the pace (slow enough even for me), although I am not sure that would have been the case if the stairwell had been filled with smoke. When we got down to the outside exit, most people stood just outside the door, making it difficult for those of us inside to get out. We saw several families with crying children get in their cars and drive off. Most surprising was the absence of any police or fire fighters, despite the fact it had been at least fifteen minutes since we had left our room. A fire engine with two men did arrive shortly after that (probably twenty minutes after the alarm went off), causing the mob of people in front of the hotel to scatter. One solitary fireman walked in, as the alarms continued to blare. He walked out about 12:30 and the fire engine drove off. The fire alarms continued until about 12:40 but no “all clear” signal was ever given.

At no time did we see even one member of the hotel staff. My daughter and I stood outside until about 1:00 a.m., when people finally began to drift into the hotel. The lobby and area in front of the elevators were jammed with people, and we were told that the elevators were still not working. Knowing that I could not walk up ten flights of stairs, my daughter and I waited until about 2:00 a.m., when the service elevator was working and we could return to the 10th floor.

I was very disturbed that children and their parents, who had been planning a wonderful Sesame Street weekend, had such a terrifying experience. Immediately the next morning (about 8:00 a.m.) I went down to the lobby to express my concerns to hotel management. I talked to an assistant manager and I was told that they would review the hotel’s emergency procedures at their Tuesday staff meeting. She then said that “incidents like this happen quite frequently.” She said that usually people get drunk and try to disable the smoke detectors in their room, setting off the fire alarm. (If the hotel does indeed have frequent incidents, that would explain the slow response of the fire department.) I explained to her that my concern was that if there ever was a fire or explosion, and if Saturday night was the typical response of both hotel staff and emergency personnel, a tragedy could result. She reiterated that she would discuss hotel emergency procedures, but did not indicate that they would review their staffing on especially busy nights or that they would consider how communication with the city’s emergency staff might be improved. However, I did not get the sense that any changes would be made.

Although the Sheraton Hotel is conveniently located across the street from Sesame Street, I would caution parents to consider other accommodations. I would have given it -1 if I could have!

Room Tip: No higher than 5th floor!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jhuddles2
Raminder C, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

JHuddles2,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to our guests by the false fire alarm. I assure you that this is not a frequent incident, as guest safety is of paramount importance for us.
I certainly understand your concerns. We always discuss our procedures and how we can make them better. Your comments are very important and will certainly review them with the team. We work very closely with the township fire department and will discuss with them too.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that it caused and hope that we have another opportunity to host you for an enjoyable experience with us in the future.

Respectfully

Raminder

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Visited hotel on August 16 was on my way to pool when a drunk man came out of his room and started screaming and cursing at my daughter who is two . I went down to lobby in which I spoke to manager because I was concerned with our safety. I asked for security and was told there was no security there.

This man was not asked to leave the grounds. It was a joke that he was in a kid friendly hotel cursing at a 2 year old and now my daughter says the f word. Was told that the hotel is not responsible for other guest. Wish I could give a lower score.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nickie h
Raminder C, Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.
We apologize for your interaction with the guest in the hallway. The manager did call the guest to address the issue and was assured that it would not happen again.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Langhorne.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The staff was EXCELLENT-- especially Maryia (spelling) and Fernanda. Maryia went out of her way to help us and Fernanda offered additional points for something that incurred during our stay. This is the only reason I am giving it 3 stars instead of 2.
HOLY NOISY ROOMS!!!! The BIGGEST downfall of this hotel is the sound proofing-- it's HORRIBLE. In fact, I would say it was hands down the worst I have ever encountered. My toddler and I are light sleepers. The rooms (and we had 2) were so poorly sound proofed and insulated, we could hear EVERY ding from the elevator and EVERY room open and close from the very back of our room and we were in 701-- the last room in the hall. You could see the light from the hallway all the way around the door when the lights were off-- no insulation. I am not exaggerating-- if anyone was above a whisper (and no one was in the halls)-- it sounded like they were IN the room with you.
My room request stated "quiet room away from elevator." All other requests were fulfilled (crib and microwave) but they put us initially right at the elevator on the 11th floor. It was so loud-- kids running up and down at all hours of the night. We had to move rooms-- 7th floor was still horrible. We had neighbors fighting until 2am in 703 and a wedding going on so people were just yelling outside our room every night in 702.
We didn't get much sleep at all:( Instead of having our toddler nap in our room, we had to waste at least $50 in gas over 5-6 days just driving around because the first day was so unsuccessful with these paper thin walled rooms.
We informed the manager-- he offered us cupcakes sent to our room for our daughter but we declined (very nice but cupcakes don't get you sleep--quite the opposite). Upon checkout, Fernanda gave us 1000 additional points which was very kind but I assume we will be going back to Marriott after this experience.
Please note the beds are not very comfortable. This was our first Sheraton experience-- the beds are not even half as comfortable as Marriott beds. They are now the same company so maybe some upgrading can happen.
Pros: We did leave items in the room and Maryia tracked them down for us and shipped them to us (for a $15 shipping charge). She went above and beyond to find them for us. They had 2 out of 3 items we requested done when we got there (microwave and crib were done-- quiet room not done). The pool and hot tub are nice. I love the 500 points/day if you don't get maid service-- this is a great green incentive. The hotel was decorated nicely and the lobby was very nice. It is literally 2 minutes from Sesame Place.

Room Tip: Even the rooms at the end of the hall are loud- we had 701 and it was not well insulated. Maybe try a business room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank amber r
Raminder C, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for recognizing Mariya and Fernanda for assisting you during your stay and tracking down items to return them to you.

I apologize that you did not feel that the beds were as comfortable and sound proofing in the rooms was not to your liking. I respect and will certainly keep them front and center, so that when upgrades are done, attention is paid to them.

Respectfully

Raminder

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Sheraton while attending an event nearby. Rooms and bathrooms are modern and clean, beds comfy. Had read reviews about how the hotel is close to sesame place so I was afraid that the little ones may be noisy. As expected there were many families with young kids but no noise issues, in fact we went to bed early (had an early start the next day) and slept all through the night. The only downside was that the tv kept losing signal for a couple of seconds every so often. Management should look into this.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family