All reviews bucks county the club lounge across the street front desk sesame place burger king shuttle that runs shuttle service my son indoor pool nice size upon check oxford valley mall free shuttle sesame street small children park
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I was a little nervous reading some of the reviews on this site, but for us this hotel turned out to be great. We stayed with our 5-year-old son and infant daughter. It's incredibly close to Sesame Place; we had an aerial view of the whole park from our window. There is a shuttle that runs frequently and takes only 2-3 minutes door to gate -- saves big bucks on parking. Almost all of the guests (early July) were families with young kids, and the hotel is very welcoming to them.

We were in a "Starwood Club" level room - although we're not Club members we were able to book this room and its privileges through the hotel website, at a discounted rate comparable to standard rooms. The room was very large, with a king size bed, full couch, room for a Pack & Play and child Aerobed with space to spare. The bed was very comfortable. The Club room also comes with free continental breakfast (during the week) and free wine & snacks in the late afternoon (Mon-Thurs), so definitely try to get that if you can. Parking at the hotel is ample and free. There is a decent restaurant in the hotel, and a few other eateries (Boston Market, Saladworks, pizza place) next door.

The staff responded quickly and courteously to our requests, including delaying our room cleaning so that our baby could finish her nap. We didn't use the pool, but it looked decent.

As to negatives, nothing big. Yes, there were a few signs of wear in inconspicuous places. There were puddles on the floor around the pool, but I don't see why that's a huge problem. The hallways were a bit hot, but it was 100 degrees outside. Room temperature was very comfortable. Our 15th floor room had a low-pitched, rumbly hum in the background, probably from the a/c system, but that may have been just that room -- maybe we were close to one of the main generators. None of these things were significant compared to the positives, though.

1  Thank justinwnyc
Reviewed 14 July 2010

While the location was excellent, the staff at the front desk were less than friendly. We arrived early to the hotel and had to wait to check in. At 7:15pm our room was still not ready. After another 15 minutes of standing at the front desk after a very long day at Sesame place with two tired kids and a husband, we finally get our room keys. We get up to the room, but the keys were not activated. So down I go again to the front desk. We were disappointed that there was no refrigerator in the room and were unaware that we were to ask for one. The beds were fairly comfortable but the comforter was almost like plastic in the feel of it, so we just had to use sheets to cover us. My husband was not happy about that. We were informed that we could check out easily after they put a bill under our door, but this was not done, so back down to the front desk we went. My husband thought that the build of the room was shoddy, the shower dirty. There was a little pantry in the lobby with over-priced food. The restaurant in the hotel was very overpriced. The parking was very limited so that when we came back after Sesame Place we had about a 15 minute walk back to the room. The so-called game room was very embarrassing, as there were only 3 video games in that little tiny room. Not what I would call a game room. The pool was dirty and was filled with very salty water.
We did enjoy the fact that there was a shuttle to Sesame Place and the drivers were very friendly.

Reviewed 13 July 2010

This would be the epitome of a letdown and poor hotel experience. I am a member of four travel plans such as Starwood therefore I expect that staying at a Sheraton would be at least a good experience. This stay started with a late check-in because of computer troubles, the hotel has 12 floors and only two elevators and a service elevator. You could actually age while waiting for a lift. When we did manage to get a elevator it was stuck and required emergency procedures and a fifteen minute wait. An employee said that this happens all of the time and I had to climb 2 feet upward to leave the elevator because the attendant opened the doors at that point. In addition, on two occasions after leaving the room we needed to request that the hotel bring up new keys as the computer changed the lock information. Breakfast was poor and the omelet chef was not at his station but gone for a full ten minutes at 9 AM. The line food was dry and cold. The service was sub-standard. Otherwise this was a perfect hotel as it was across from Sesame Place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We stayed one night over the 4th of July weekend. We arrived early (11 am) and the hotel was very willing to check us in early. We opted to wait because the only room available was on the 1st floor. When we checked back in (5 pm) they gave us a room on the 11th floor. The hotel was very clean; the rooms very nice; beds comfy. They were very family oriented (they gave my daughter a rubber ducky on check in). There was a shortage of refrigerators, but the front desk was very willing to place my daughter's milk in their main refrigerator. The hotel is right across from Sesame Place (you can see the rubber ducky). They have a shuttle that takes you door to door. It's so close you can actually walk (which we did one day). There are many dining options close by. Note that SPG was willing to match the price we found on hotels.com which we preferred. Yes, breakfast was not included, and that would have been nice, but there's an IHOP across the street. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sesame Place for more than one day.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed at sheraton for two nights while I had a work function in Philadelphia. It was a short drive to center city and made for a great bang for the buck compared to a center city hotel. We of course did not go to Sesame Place ( and my parents never took me when I was younger) but this would be the perfect hotel to stay at with the little ones.

The front desk was perfectly pleasant and provided us with a little welcome packet for the dog which was very nice. Was also pleased that the dog was allowed to walk through the lobby to go up to our room instead of having to take a side door or back entrance. We felt very welcomed there.

The room was very nice, with a big flatscreen TV, complementary water, and a pretty decent restaurant downstairs. The elevators are really slow, and that truly is my only complaint. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business