“Lunch”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Food was awesome and service was great as well. The steamed clams were excellent and very clean. The scallops were succulent, and even the seaweed salad was very good.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I dined solo the evening of February 9, 2017 while staying in the area for business. I was drawn here in part by the restaurant's participation in the American Airlines Rewards Dining Program and it's proximity to my hotel.

The restaurant is in a small city like neighborhood with limited on street parking in the area. There is a large rectangle shaped bar surrounded by TV's on the walls and lots of other neighborhood bar/tavern bric a brac. I sat at the bar. I started by examining the large selection of draft and craft beers. A huge selection for a small unobtrusive place. The bar tender. I wandered around the beer selection trying lots of beers that were in my favorite stout/porter category until a marketing director from Manayunk Brewery came by and suggested some of their products that were being featured that night. I was hooked. Very tasty.

For dinner I started with a huge appetizer of crab cakes on a pretzel roll. Definitely enough for two. Buttery and crabby taste with a soft chewy pretzel was delish. For dinner I had the "Belly Busting Haddock" fish fry. The fish was pretty unremarkable...but still tasty. Two side from which you pick was a nice touch rather than the obligatory fries and slaw. All in all a nice entrée.

My bar server was polite, on point and always available to refill by beer glass. What I noticed was this place is a true town type bar. It seemed like everybody knew everybody yet as an outsider I was welcomed as well. I'll definitely return if in the area in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The food is original and delicious as well as being reasonably priced. The atmosphere in two of the rooms is cozy and pleasant, but the rest could use some up-dating. The grilled Ahi tuna sandwich is so fresh and delicious, and I like the unusual fried asparagus and other well-prepared, clever dishes. Not your "run of the mill" Gin Mill.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Dined with friends and business associates. Party of 9 on a busy Saturday night. Called ahead for reservations. Restaurant GM myself so I'm always on the lookout for great service. Hands down Breann is a Gem at the Old Gin Mill!! Very attentive and professional with an extreme detail to guest's needs! Highly recommend this restaurant and Breann as your server!

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We went on the spur of the moment and we were lucky to get there early enough. Around 6 it was becoming booked. I had the prime rib and cooked exactly how I like it. The waitress and rest of staff were great. I highly recommend this place.