US$145
Hotels.com
US$134
All reviewswithin walking distancebrown bagb and bassorted breadsextra roompeople watchingquaint townporchparadesuitelilaclacehomehostsmuffinsloftcode
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Great time with:shopping,the pub,local food,people watching,parade,parade party,Lynndell's breakfasts,conversations between rural conservatives(us) and liberal/progressive city dwellers(them)...I don't believe anyone switched over.We had fun,the weather was fine overall and we got a brown bag traveling meal from Lynndell that got us home.See ya next time around Alden House.

Room Tip: try them all
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
JEccleston, Owner at Alden House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you. It is always nice to have you back.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

You can stay at this Inn and never need your car, it's that ideally located in historic Lititz. Walk to everything. Fun to sit on the porch and people watch. We stayed in the Carriage House, which was nicely decorated,, roomy and private. On-site parking was great. Breakfasts were fine. The hosts do not live at the Inn, but this didn't present any problems for us. A very nice B&B.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We checked in on a Saturday and we were an hour early. No problem. They Inn Keepers are not always on site but you have a code to enter. Our key was right inside the door and we were able to get into our room. The place is lovely inside. Very welcoming. Our room was the Lilac and Lace. Pictures on their website do not do it justice. Very well decorated and cozy. We had a shared balcony that over looks a small pond. I bet in the summer and fall it's gorgeous.

Our only issue which was our own was the very creaky floors. I know the house is old but we felt like we were making too much noise. The house was very quiet in general. Everyone at breakfast the next morning were very nice and social. I felt comfortable enough to wear my slippers to breakfast. If you like hot tea, they have a major assortment. It would have been nice to have a few choices for breakfast as well as some assorted breads or muffins.

The Inn Keepers have done a heck of a job on this house. It is very well maintained and very clean. They are both super nice. The house is close to everything in Lititz and mostly why we stayed there. You can walk to everything and crawl home from the bar!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you. We are very glad your first time at a B&B was a pleasant one.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I had a girls weekend at The Alden House, and as always, it was great. We stayed in the Parlour Suite. Very Comfortable and very clean. Yes the floors are a bit creaky, but in my opinion, it just adds to the charachter of this beautiful B&B. Lyndell the Innkeeper was there to greet us with a smile. The fabulous part of this place is the location. Just walk out the front door and you have access to all the shops and the quaint town. There is ample off street parking, and i didn't have to move my car all weekend. Everything we needed or wanted was within walking distance. The breakfast was a sweet and savory type breakfast. It reminds me of a French type food choice... The owners are happy to satisfy your wants and needs. I will be returning i am sure.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are very nice. There are three suits with a private entrance, two upstairs with a porch, and one downstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank breddig1963

Thank you. It is always nice to hear our guests enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed a few days while visiting family and while the room was okay, less plastic flower decor would be so much better. Breakfast the 2 days was something I would avoid if possible. It was small portions and one morning the bacon was burnt. I felt bad for everyone because this was suppose to be rated highly for a B and B.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family