“Meh”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Had the steak.it was paper thin not worth the price .heard lots of good things about this place. Maybe it was an off night.but I never went back

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband, daughter and myself visited this restaurant twice this past weekend during our stay in Mansfield. Both times our meal was delicious and we had a wonderful time! The first meal, I had the chef create me a salad- I had a long list of things I did not want (meat, onions, peppers, etc.) and the creation he put together was just DIVINE! My husband also ordered the chef-created salad and was very pleased. Portions are extremely generous and there was nothing we had that we didn't LOVE. If you want a real treat try dessert--- I do not remember the name, but it is a layer of PB cookie crust, then chocolate chip cookie crust, then PB filling, and topped with fudge. OMG-- to DIE for!!

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Decided to take a chance and order the chefs choice chicken and steak. The chicken was the only thing on the plate that was good. Vege was fair, potato was cold and the steak was awful. First it was seriously under cooked then I asked them to put it back on for a minute and it came out charred. Wish I had known it was BYOB so I could have at least had a glass of wine.

Hubby had a burger with tons of bacon and fixings. Very messy and not a lot of flavor. Just ok.

I would have felt better about the experience if they had adjusted my meal and charged for a chicken dish, since that was the good part. Live and learn

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

OK, there is NO WAY we would have stopped at the Cast and Crew Improvisational Restaurant were it not for the nice reviews on TA. Looks like an old ice cream stand with a wing. After sitting in the car for a minute deciding if we REALLY wanted to go inside, we made the right decision.

Yes, the interior is equally unremarkable, but the staff was welcoming. We drew James, a biology student at Mansfield, for our waiter. Good guy, funny and helpful.

Oh the food - very tasty! My wife enjoyed her salmon special and my chicken parm over Angel hair was very tasty and impossible to finish. Pizzas and burgers looked good. The desserts were all deadly, but we split one and it was worth the 900 calories.

So, if you're in Mansfield, don't overlook Cast and Crew. And, hey, you can combine it with some bowling right across the street..

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The meal was fantastic! The atmosphere was most casual & the staff was very friendly. The menu has something for everyone, even the most picky eaters. It's a definite must try if you're in the area. Never judge a book by the cover or this place either. You will be amazed.

Been to Cast & Crew? Share your experiences!