“Super chain, bring your own pillow to this location”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg West, PA
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I love country inns and suites for so many reasons; the pool, breakfast, friendly staff, clean rooms, etc....so this is my go to chain. I was not disappointed with this location - the kids swam, I exercised, we all ate breakfast...which was constantly being refilled due to the very busy weekend crowd, there was a "full house" in the breakfast room from 8 - 10 AM. It seemed many were grazing vice eating and leaving. My kids went for breakfast at 8, I went in for coffee at 9, and my husband and I ate breakfast at 9:40 - some of the same families were still there! I guess it is good that the chain allows this. I would want to be allowed to visit in the room if my table were not needed.
I was surprised the pillows were uncomfortable. I did not ask for more - I assume I would have been given more if I requested them. My kids don't travel by car without theirs, so I just took the ones from my kids' bed...but this might be an issue if you are an extremely "picky pillow - person" Easy check out...and ALWAYS personable staff at the front desk. I felt very welcome...even with four rambunctious children!

Room Tip: The Gettysburg Road side would be quieter than the highway side. I only heard the noise when I was...

Reviewed 31 December 2016

The location is convenient, and for the price, is definitely the best deal for comfortable, re-assuring lodging. The front desk staff was exceptionally helpful and welcoming. Very clean room, comfortable beds, good bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I usually love Country Inn & Suites, but not this time. The room was clean, so no issues there. I forgot to mention when making my reservation that I cannot have feather pillows in the room. I realize that was my mistake - I usually ask in advance. I asked the desk if I could possibly get a non-feather pillow and was told that they don't have any. Not sure what they do for guests that are allergic - hopefully deny the reservation. I was told there was a Walmart not far where I could buy a pillow. I took all the pillows to the front desk (severe allergy to them - it would have led to an asthma attack). We decided to buy pillows but there was so much traffic, we decided to wait until after our event. Unfortunately, while walking out of Hershey Theater, I fell and hurt my knee pretty badly. We decided to skip dinner and shopping. We went back to the hotel and asked about pizza delivery. No luck - no one delivered and most closed at 11 PM (on a Friday) and nothing in the area except a McDonald's. We went to sleep without dinner and without pillows. Worst night ever in a hotel. Oh - the elevator wasn't working - and even though we were only on the third floor, it was difficult because of my knee. Any other time, the elevator would not have been an issue. I would not recommend this hotel - they do not accommodate special requests and there are no restaurants in the area (or pizza delivery) for people that get to the area past 10:00 (which is not late when going to an event). On the bright side, Hershey Theater is beautiful and Mannheim Steamroller was fantastic!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I would recommend this place. Friendly staff and great value. Except for the scramble eggs. Everything else was good on the breakfast bar. I did not use the pool. The front living room like setting allowed us to visit with family and actually feel at home !