“Not Bad”

Al's Pizza & Subs
Ranked #157 of 198 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

My business partner and I ordered take out, he got buffalo wings and pizza and I got fries and a buffalo chicken sandwich. I'm from MA and was expecting it would be made like home which it was not. They made it with chicken breast that was sliced, not made like in Massachusetts with breaded chicken fingers and hot sauce with blue cheese dressing. Instead of hot sauce they used a sweet type sauce that tasted a little like buffalo sauce but not hot at all and to top it off they used a ranch sauce. The fries did not come with salt or ketchup, if I had known I would have asked. The large fries and sub were 10 bucks. My roommate was happy with his meal. They delivered right to our room.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

I'm largely an Al's fan, and this one isn't the area's only location. But the food seems inconsistent when we go there and the setup, dining room and or kitchen area always seem a little dirty when I'm in there. It's not hard to make a mess in a faster paced food kitchen, but not cleaning it up and not making sure your employees look the part themselves is a no-no.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Waited almost 15 minutes to order my meal and I was the only one in the restaurant. This should say it all. Sandwich was OK, should have been memorable after spending a half an hour in the establishment. Won't be back.

1  Thank mrice13
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Ate here twice on business. I won't be doing it again. Meat lovers pizza had me puking. Not sure what they do, but it is not real quality food by far.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Service.... May be almost an Ok, lady up front with a big mad face. Pizza slices too small when you asked for only slices, wings were great. No ice on the soda machine, filthy floors and tables, there was not rush or people eating, time enough to keep place clean, employees on the phone. Worth the travel just for the wings not for anything else.