“Issac's was great”

Isaac's Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #29 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 2 February 2017

This restaurant is attached to the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsburg where we stay for quarterly meetings. We usually arrive too late for dinner but this time we had the time to eat. It was our first time and we were pleasantly surprised how good it was. The tomato soup was great and our sandwiches were also. The wait staff was very efficient and the atmosphere was good. We even had dessert and that was great, too.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

The lady at the Hampton Inn desk across the way from Isaac's sais it was like Panera Bread. Isaac's would like to be like Panera Bread. It's nothing like Panera Bread.

It's good value but that's all it is. It just filled the void after a very long day.

I'm not going back

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I keep going back because the tomato pepperjack soup and a sandwich is just what you want the weather turns chilly. But doesn't seem to matter which one I'm in, the waitstaff is slow. This visit no different. We arrived at 5;30 on a Friday night and were only the third couple in sight. We wanted a quick dinner before a play. Although we were seated quickly we read the whole menu and waited and waited. No one even greeted us for drink orders. We watched people arrive after us get drink orders delivered and I went in search of a waitress. I asked for someone to get my waitress and no one seemed to know who was assigned to my table....the waitress I flagged said she would be happy to take our orders and then did give us great service thereafter but after being there 30 min before we got our entree, any hopes of a quick dinner were gone. I ordered a Shrike, which was predominantly their chicken salad which is very good with cranberries and slivered almonds. They will customize so I was able to swap the Kaiser roll for multigrain bread. So as long as you are not in a hurry, always a good choice for soup and a sandwich.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We have eaten here several times, the sandwiches are really tasty, I got the flamingo, love the mayo/horseradish sauce, with the roast beef, but the prices in my opinion are way too high for the amount of food served!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This place was recommended by a few people and I have to say it was just ok. The staff was friendly and courteous, however the food was just, OK! The childrens menu was typical with pizza, nuggets, mac and cheese and those types of foods, but the adult menu, though large didn't do it for me. I ordered a chicken caesar salad one day that was alright, and a turkey hero the next. The bread was absolutely lousy. That was not expected for a Pennsylvania establishment. Because of the amount of people that have recommended the place, I will likely give it one more try, but I will definitely temper expectations.