New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Place we stayed for the Sports Show” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
“Place we stayed for the Sports Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Nice place to stay a few days..Rooms were clean and employees were friendly...Had a great meal at there Sports bar....Great Location and not expensive....Would stay here again and we wouldn't if my wife didn't like it...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bob65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Monroeville, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

My daughter & I visited this hotel at the end of Jan 2012. I was quite impressed. The staff is super friendly. Great personalities, very helpful & outgoing. The standard rooms are a bit on the small size but by no means clausterphobic. TV, microwave, mini fridge and super clean. The indoor pool was nice and well maintained. The bar/restaurant served and excellent breakfast.
What I was most impressed about was the BEDS! Yes, I said the beds! Best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. Even more comfy then my bed at home. And the pillows were incredible. PLUS...there was a pillow menu. Choice of 4 pillows. Simply pick up the phone and request the pillow that suits you.
I have nothing negative to say about this hotel and I will stay here again when we visit again in Jan 2013.

Room Tip: This place is sprawling and there are no elevators. So, if you have a hard time getting around make...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jean Marie L
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I arrived earlier than expected and requested and early check-in, the front desk had no problem with that and gladly found a room for me. The staff was very pleasant every time I saw them.....The rooms were just okay to me, your usual motel style room (nothing fancy) it had a fridge, microwave, and cofee maker but the room was a little old looking so I didnt feel comfortable using those things. The pool area was dingy looking and the ceiling looked like something was about to cave in on our heads. We didnt get in the pool (although it was heated) and it was too chilly outside to walk back to the rooms while wet. The bar had some nice, strong drinks but I have never been to a bar so quiet, the tv was on and every one seemed to be tuned into watching The Family Guy. I'm guessing it was so quiet bcuz it was a Sunday night but too dry for my liking...The location was pretty good for what we went to do which was skiing and it was about 10min. away. It was alot of restaurants and stores near the hotel (Fridays, Chili's, Wal-Mart, etc) so great location.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel was awesome. The staff was friendly and efficient. We stayed in the area to attend the Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg and there was a shuttle to take us there. Once we arrived at the hotel we never drove until it was time to go home. We had dinner in the resturant after we returned from the show. The food and the service were excellent. The next morning we had the free breakfast buffet and that too proved to be great. At check out I asked about the rubber duck in the room and was told I could have taken it. The desk clerk then phoned housekeeping to bring some ducks to the front. ONiel gave me a bag of ducks to take home to my day care children. On the trip home we all agreed that next year when we come up this way again we will stay here again. The staff went out of there way to make our stay the best. The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Johnstown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel has it all! It's centrally located but, with plenty of trees and open spaces so you don't have the city feeling. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Both indoor and outdoor pools are larger than you usually find in hotels. But, as the other reviewers have mentioned, the greatest asset this hotel offers if definately the staff! Nothing is out of the way for them. Tony and Matt at the front desk will go out of their way to make sure you have the room you want and Sandy takes the time in the morning to look over the list of who checked in the night before and will make sure you have fresh coffee ready and on the table as you walk in the resturant. Check in once and you have found a home. I always look forward to going back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business