“Will Return!”
Review of Diego's Cantina

Diego's Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 127 Restaurants in Media
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Transit: Bus, Trolley or the R3 Septa Regional Rail will bring you to Diego's
Reviewed 6 July 2015

If I had the option, this would be a 3.5 star review…I lean upwards because service was great (Meredith was our server, hopefully you get an incentive for positive comments on TA).

Wife and I came on a Friday night, Hostess informed us of a 20minute wait; this was expected as we didn’t have a reservation. We walked around the block and received a text message saying our table was ready about 10 minutes early- awesome!

My wife is 31 weeks pregnant and wanted a non-alcoholic margarita, she loved it. I’m a traditionalist but decided to try the Hibiscus “well” margarita…delicious and really not sweet at all. The tequila and salt helped with that to be sure.

I ordered the Tacos: 1 chorizo, 1 pork and 1 steak. The better half ordered Tacos as well: chicken, tofu and black beans, 1 each. We both opted for the “make it rancheros” for $2. They added pico de gallo, queso fresco, crispy fresh lettuce and some sort of crema. The chorizo taco was by far the best, meatiest and most flavorful taco. Pork was delicious and I’ll come back to ask for a mound of that slow roasted pork with a pile of rice and some tequila. Steak was okay, small bits, under-seasoned and saved by flavor of a well healed grill. I didn’t try my date’s tacos but we both agreed that they all would have been missing A LOT without that “ranchero” addition.

No rice or refried beans served with the Tacos, fine, it’s the “taqueria” section of the menu…but no option to add these items as an additional side.

Food came out 5 minutes after ordering it, which really shortens the dinner part of date night. Plus we were really enjoying the chips and salsa duo served gratis. Even if they can assemble the food quickly, pace it out a little!

Another funny thing about Diegos, background music consisted of Talking Heads and other personal yet random favorites of mine, albeit not what you expect at a Cantina named Diegos.

Will be back!

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Mexican food is mine and my husbands favorite cuisine. The atmosphere in diego's is on par, as is the drink selection. The nachos were awesome! But the two stars goes for the entrees which were just missing something, and simply pretty bland and overpriced for the quality. I ordered enchiladas in red sauce and my husband ordered some time of fried stuffed pepper on the special section of the menu.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 19 June 2015

Met friends for dinner, this was our first time to this restaurant and wostlikely our last. The wait staff were adequate and the food bland. Very dissappointed over our experience.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

5 of us went for lunch. We all ordered burritos. They were the worst burritos we ever had. They were so dry. Served on a plate with lime. No sauce. I would not recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Diego's always has solid quality food and a nice selection of tequilas in a casual setting. Great bar area and open front for nice weather. A recommended spot in Media, PA!

Date of visit: April 2015

Been to Diego's Cantina? Share your experiences!