“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Mohnton
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Emily's, you'll enjoy decadent fare in a beautiful Victorian setting that's just minutes from Morgantown and Reading. You'll love the atmosphere in our 1827 building that's full of history, and you'll be treated to outstanding food and exceptional service from our experienced team. If you stop in and dine with us for lunch, you'll find an extensive menu of entrees, sandwiches, and other delicious fare to choose from. Enjoy our expertly prepared meals in our dining room, or step outside on our deck to enjoy the warm sunshine. If you don't have time for lunch, then consider spending your evening relaxing and enjoying great food and drinks in a wonderful atmosphere by stopping in for dinner! Start with one of our tasty appetizers to share with your table, then choose your favorite dinner salad, pasta, or entree from dinner menu. Some of our most popular items include our signature Emily's Crab Cakes, Ahi Tuna filets, and our Kobe sirloin steak, but those are just some of the many delicious meals we have to offer. For those with smaller appetites, our bar menu will really hit the spot. Enjoy some of our freshly prepared food with one of our draft beers, a glass of wine, or another drink from our bar for the complete Emily's experience. We're looking forward to serving you!
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We dined last night in their patio area. It was a beautiful night and the very large patio was fully covered with an awning. I noticed it had heaters for colder evenings and drop plastic sides if it were to rain. I ordered the Wild Mushroom Ravioli and it was outstanding. My friends had Crab Stuffed Tilapia, Prime Rib, Crab Cakes, Tuna. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Carl D, Owner at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

I would like to thank you for your feedback. It looks like you had a cross section of our menu and that is great that you all were pleased with your selections. I am fortunate to have such a great staff, both in the kitchen and on the floor. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This place it the place we go to for celebrations and good food. The menu is always first rate and the cooking superior. I love their specials.

Carl D, Owner at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it is very important to us at Emily's. I believe our chef is one of the best in Berk's county and takes great pride in his work. And our staff works really hard to give impeccable service. We look forward to your next visit. Carl

Reviewed 2 July 2017

The restaurant is quite interesting with authentic post office mail boxes in the bar area a remnant of another time in its history. Our lunch was good and with friendly and considerate service. As this lunch was our only sampling of their food I would say it is less than a comprehensive assessment. Both sandwiches were better than average served with a choice of side and our soup selection was also quite. The prices at lunch are very moderate for a property of this calibre. As noted in the title all was above average but just a notch off very good thus the selection of average. As we all know much depends upon ones selection and that day all was above average. One slight negative the hostess that day was certainly not personable perhaps distracted and as the first person one meet with representing the restaurant she was less than appropriate. We would not hesitate to stop in again. It is a good choice in an area with few other good options.

1  Thank Dreyfus01
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Great historic property! Nice bar area with good drinks. Gives you the shaker with your martini which I really like. Server was so friendly and did a great job serving us. Also, was so sweet to the little girls at the table next to us. It always makes your experience better when your servicer enjoys what she/he does. Coconut shrimp appetizer looked delicious, did not personally try it but those who did said it was good. I had the Tilapia special, OK but could have used a little more favor, butter, lemon, capers ... something to give it moisture & favor. My mother had scallops & risotto. Tasted the risotto, very good. Scallops very seared to perfection. My husband had chicken bruschetta pasta which he enjoyed. My nephew had the prime rib, again looked very good. Decor could use an update, even though I do like the historic vibe, it feels a little dingy. Not one of my top picks but would go back.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Emily's is usually closed on Sundays, but it's open on Mother's Day. What a treat again this year! The service was wonderful and the food terrific. The nicest thing is that they aren't in a hurry. Our reservation was a 1:30. We had a leisurely lunch with appetizers, salad, main course, and dessert. Lots of conversation between courses, and we left about 3:15. At no time were we made to feel rushed. And it is not overly expensive. Good value for the price. Just a great afternoon!

Carl D, Owner at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dave, Thank you for sharing your experience at Emily's. We enjoyed serving you and your family on such an important day. Look forward to your next visit. Carl

Been to Emily's? Share your experiences!