“Unique atmosphere”

Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Mohnton
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy decadent fare in a beautiful Victorian setting that s just minutes from Morgantown and Reading.youll be treated to outstanding food and exceptional service from our experienced team.
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The bar has old post office and barn wood on the walls. The dining room is charming and nicely furnished. We had food off the bar menu. We switched out our burgers for chicken breasts. The garlic fries are a must! Nice selection of draft beer and a full bar. Food was hot and delicious.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 21 December 2017

My Bestie and I chose to exchange our gifts and enjoy dinner in this lovely old building. Her special of crab, veal and asparagus was perfect. My Bourbon salmon was done perfectly with unbelievably delicious pumpkin risotto! You must try the house salad dressing...a vinaigrette with blue cheese...amazing! Our server was attentive and efficient.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Terrible service. Over-priced below-par food. Even my sweet, friendly, beautiful wife is done giving Emily's any more chances -- which have been many. We like the setting, but 9 out of the last 10 times we have been upset (although we are nice about it because my wife likes Carl the owner). However, I am done, and even she agrees.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My family made reservations for Thanksgiving Dinner at Emily's. At first it looked like a locals Tavern sort of place. Lovely Victorian atmosphere. Now down to basics. For about $20.00 you could get the turkey dinner with all the fixins. However that was not the only thing on the menu. There was Ahi, Filet Mignon, etc. For appetizers I had the Brushetta which was delicious. We opted for Turkey dinners all around. Now our reservation was at 6:00 PM but we were told that they had run out of dark meat so there was only white meat available for the turkey dinners. I thought that was a bit odd, but nevertheless the turkey was moist and plenty of it. Our server forgot the cranberry sauce, but it arrived on time. (What's Thanksgiving with out cranberry sauce..right? I ordered the house salad with Italian blue cheese dressing which was very good. I ordered my usual Gray Goose Dirty Martini with THREE olives. Two olives arrived...but no matter....I would survive. The martini was ok...not great, but ok. They have an outside deck which was winterized for dining and a creek just beyond the deck. One of the members of our party pointed out that there was old post office decorations at the bar....I did not see them. We were the last to leave the dining room so I gathered that people ate there much earlier than 6:00 pm. Maybe that's why they ran out of dark meat turkey....we arrived too late. I want to emphasize that all these little bumps really did not detract from a great dining experience with my family.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was a little skeptical, but decided to give it a try anyway. Absolutely thrilled that we did it. And the history behind the place is very interesting, ambience is welcomomg and the food was very good. I am a bit of a crab cakes snob and thought they were really good!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Carl D, Owner at Emily's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you for giving us a chance. We appreciate your review and hope to see you in the future.

Been to Emily's? Share your experiences!