“Room not ready and not in good condition”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Monaca
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Room was supposed to be available at 3 PM. We arrived at 3:07 and were told our room wasn't ready.

I was told that Choice Hotels overbooked the hotel and the only room available was 105, across from the main hallway, close to the desk. ​We decided to accept the room but it still wasn't ready.

When the room still wasn't ready at 3:41, we left to go to the mall to do "something" while waiting for our room to be ready. When we returned at the room was "ready" but when we got into the room:

There was only one bath towel....for three of us.
One bed had on pillow cases on the pillows
One of the existing washcloths is gray.
There was a long hair hanging from the shower curtain rod
The TV had two lines across the screen.

When I went to the desk, I was told the laundry person had quit a couple days before that and the manager was doing the laundry and they would do it as soon as they could.
I took pictures of each of the items on the list above and got a response from the

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Our experience here was excellent right from the start. My husband and I spent one Wednesday night and then returned on Saturday with our daughter to two reserved rooms. Both nights were excellent.
The front desk employee(s) both nights were excellent. They were friendly, helpful, and efficient.
We ate breakfast twice. It was delicious. A big thumbs up from our family! A+

Room Tip: We had both a first floor and third floor room. Both were great.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017

This was my first time in the Aliquippa/Monaca area and my first stay at this hotel. From the moment I walked in and Tobias greeted me with a smile and good conversation, to check out, it was a great experience. I don't get to that area often, but if I do in the future, this hotel will be my go-to.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Regina B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Monaca, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Michael,

Thank You very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We love getting feedback from our TripAdvisor guests.

I will share your review with our whole staff. We are devote ourselves to delivering an exceptional experience to every guest. Your kind response will validate our efforts.

I look forward to the next time you chose to be our guest. I hope we will provide an even higher level of satisfaction.

Kind Regards,
Regina Brown
Assistant General Manager
724-728-9480

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Although we arrived an hour early, we were still able to check in, and it was quick and easy. Our third floor room was clean and spacious, with a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker. We were disappointed to find out that there was no pool, but at least there is a fitness room. Breakfast was what you would expect - an assortment of muffins, breads and bagels for toasting, cold cereals, oatmeal packets, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs,scrambled eggs and "sausage" patties. I enjoyed the coffee, my husband thought it was rather weak. All in all, I would recommend this motel to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Ed,

Kind Regards,
Regina Brown
Assistant General Manager
724-728-9480

Reviewed 25 August 2017

From the minute we checked in till we left, we were treated like family by Gina Brown and staff. This is the best hotel experience we have ever had. We travel a lot and Gina Brown did an excellent job of making us feel welcome and went out of her way to be helpful. My husband in handicap and the bed was too high for him to use. Gina got a cot from another hotel, made it and helped him feel comfortable. This Comfort Suites, Assistant General Manager, Gina, and staff deserve a lot of praise and job well done. Thanks to them our stay visiting family was wonderful.

Room Tip: This is the place to stay when visiting the Beaver County area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monaca
0.6 km away
Hyatt Place Cranberry
#7 of 15 in Cranberry Township
17.4 km away
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cr...
#11 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Suites Monaca? Share your experiences!