“Not Bad But Pricey For Breakfast At A Diner”

Big Earl's Restaurant & Diner
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Moosic
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I stopped in here for breakfast on a Saturday a few weeks ago. It's a typical diner with typical breakfast items on the menu. I had a pancake, home fried potatoes and bacon. The food was very good but overpriced. The staff was very nice and attentive but my waitress had a cut on her finger that was actively bleeding and just kept wiping it and licking the blood off. It was literally smeared between her fingers when she took my order. I kept a close eye on everything she was touching. Finally she put a band aid on it. It was clean and they have off street parking. You can find a better value at many other local places and if you are going to spend Big Earl kinds of money you can get something a lot fancier in a place with a lot more atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

You name it, they’ve got it. Big menu with lots of variation right off the highway. Easy in/out fast and friendly service

1  Thank Sakgirl
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Place has been spruced up since it was the old Moosic Diner a few years ago. They serve breakfast all day. The service was very friendly but really slow, especially considering the place was relatively empty during lunch (1 PM) on a Friday. My wife gives them a generous 4 (they almost incinerated her bacon). I give them a 3 (way too many onions in their potato pancakes and the ham was nothing special). Not a bad place, just not a great one ether.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We were in Scranton for the weekend to catch a show, I googled diners in the area where we could have breakfast the next morning. I was very happy with our visit here. The inside is much newer/nicer than the outside lets on, our waitress was super friendly and attentive, and our breakfast was delicious. Would definitely be back if I'm ever in the area again!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We come to Big Earl's often, especially for breakfast. Their waitstaff is always friendly and the service extremely quick. The food is always top quality and a large menu that offers more than classic diner fare. My husband loves the omlettes and fritattas while I'm partial to the pancakes and French toast. If you want an especially decadent sweet breakfast try the strawberry cream pancakes. Luscious!