All reviews granola blue jays cabot trail mushroom soup the cottages cape breton humming birds a lovely place to stay nova scotia local farmers lobster each evening three nights rooms are comfortable blueberry pancakes fiddleheads stayed for one night
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The first time we stayed at the Chantarelle Inn was in 2000, just a couple of months after it first opened. The room was very very nice, the staff exceedingly friendly and the setting beautiful. The host and owner Earlene quickly became a friend. We vowed someday to return.

Fast forward eighteen years and we finally made it back and fell in love again with everything about this lovely inn, which now also has three cute cottages. We stayed in the same room and enjoyed the same level of hospitality. The inn, which is right on the Cabot Trail, is in a beautiful rural setting where the North River empties into Saint Ann’s Bay. Since it is a good distance from restaurants, we took advantage each evening.of the dinners served right at the inn. Both the Inn and restaurant come highly recommended.

Thanks again Earlene for a wonderful few days and new memories of the Chantarelle Inn.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
CapeBretonFresh, Owner at Chanterelle Country Inn & Cottages, Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

The second time around for us was such a happy one---and getting to see your daughter all grown up!! I am so very pleased that your memories of the Chanterelle were pleasant and brought you back.

Thank you for a wonderful review. I hope to see you and your family again---much sooner than the last time!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful stay at Chanterelle! We stayed for one night while touring the Cabot Trail and it was our first stop. The owner welcomed us and accommodated our every whim. Dinner was delicious (we had our choice of 3 meals) I had a beet and blueberry salad to start, followed by beef tenderloin and chocolate potato cake and Earl Grey tea. (I raved about the salad so much, she brought me the recipe) Their family pet, Char, was so friendly. He stays out of sight unless you want him to come visit - I'm a dog lover, so we were buddies before too long. Rooms are impeccably clean and an impressive book collection with first editions. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

What a heartwarming review! Thank you for taking your time to write. Yes, I hope you will come back!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

This upscale property is expertly owned/operated by Arlene, our wonderful guide & hostess for three wonderful days. The rooms are comfortable, clean,, spacious & well appointed. Arlene’s KM100 Restaurant features the freshest ingrediants sourced from local farmers within a 100 kilometer radius. We enjoyed Fiddlehead soup, fresh lobster (off the boat), dandelion jam, rhubarb compote, a fresh fritatta with locally sourced pork, endless. Arlene is a fount of information of where to go for sights & places to eat. She turned us onto the Cedar House Cafe & Bakery. The other joy for me was “Char” the wonderful Hungarian Vizla, my favorite breed. While I could go on for ages on the breed, I won’t. Arlene is a wonderful woman, well read, a naturalist, a true joy. Even if her property was little more than a small tent & a campfire, simply spending time with her makes the stay a real treat. Arlene & her staff of two, thank you. And as I mentioned, I’m available to dog sit Char anytime.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Manbyk
Reviewed 16 June 2018

What a find! We'd been on the road, touring Canada for weeks, and were tired of traditional hotels. Walking into Canterelle Country Inn was just the tonic we needed. The decor was comfortable and inviting, so a group of us sat at a communal table enjoying a bottle of wine and swapping travel stories. Earlene, our marvellous host, joined in to tell us about the area, to ensure we wouldn't miss any highlights. Her very well-behaved dog welcomed my attention and, again, it felt like I was visiting friends.

Our room was clean and spacious - lovingly decorated with Earlene's travel souvenirs. And there were two lovely little gifts in the room for us to take home. Such a nice touch.

The next morning, our cooked breakfast was sensational. We hit the road full, happy, relaxed and well-rested. A delightful stay!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Earlene is an amazing 1) chef, 2) host, 3) advisor on the region. The staff were all kind and helpful. The place is filled with beautiful touches, especially interesting furniture. The screened in veranda with humming bird feeders (in constant use) is so beautiful. It is homey and warm with stunning views. For those who believe in eco-friendly, Chanterelle is super-conscious. We adored the place. It is right on the Cabot trail yet recessed off the road so you feel secluded. We did not want to leave!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple